Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Dragon King

Car discussion

Guest Captain Planet

I think it would be nice if you change lybians van to that. The old one looks a little bit queer =)

Edited by Captain Planet

It actually looks good:

gtavc29la.jpg

But it's not movie accurate :P.

Guest Yoshifirebird

Hey its Yoshifirebird here I ahve been gone for awhile but the reason why I am commenting on the Cars and Vehicles section is to set straight the age old argument has been having and that is that "high poly cars crash the mod" this is untrue I have used spaceinsteins mod and I ripped the car spawn codes and inserted them into the hill valley scm only to find the game crashed after a few cars were spawned implying that there is something wrong with the cars like collision,handling,or just plain missing models this isnt a hard problem to fix :P thats why I think you guys should be more caerful after you add cars again in the next release (you removed the modded ones with the downgrader in 0.2e if I am not mistaken)

sorry for the long posts lol I guess I just talk a lil too much :lol:

So, do you think we're lying about our tests and results?. Map changes and Hi-Poly vehicles cause game unstability. We already removed the map that came with 0.2E and the vehicles are being worked on. We are already working with a more-stable version.

Now:

BACK<---

to

the Topic

Thank you.

I have a question regarding the cars. I've wanted to ask this.

My first version of the game that I've played was 0.2e version 2, with most VC cars still intact. From what I did see you added, I liked. Needles' truck, Marty's truck, Packard, future cars, etc, movie relevant cars.

Well, I finally downloaded 0.2e version ONE (which is so much more stable than the heavy version of version 2), and while I like the details you've done on some of the cars, this is kinda strange to me.

All the cars I saw before in the present had California license plates; makes perfect sense. You guys are making it into Hill Valley. The future cars (Such as Griff's and the 2015 police) have barcodes, good. The 50s cars have 50s plates. So everything's good, but then I see these other cars that I hadn't seen before.

Some of the slick future cars don't have barcodes, and even normal cars like a Mustang have Florida plates. So I'm wondering, if you guys are making it into Hill Valley, why would you ever want to put Florida plates on the new cars you guys are modeling? I even saw a few normal florida plates on the future cars.

Just wondering what's up with that.

uuum... imports? :P We'll eventually fix that. We removed them to make them less polies and they will be updated and returned to VC in.2f

[irony]How about adding different licenseplates as extras then :D?[/irony]

I just found it weird because you did it for some and then not others. When you had to model a new car, I thought you would also pick your own license plates. I thought that would probably be one of the easiest parts which is why I thought I'd ask.

To be fair, I really love most of the future cars you added. They made all the unique jumps so ridiculously easy.

I'm still waiting to see if K1 is going to be making Centauri's Star Car from The Last Starfighter,

Cause there are more people then us interested in BTTF. Also some cars seen in 2015 were also in other movies.

That makes sense then. I was wondering how you guys were able to make so many in such a short time. From what I've read modeling a car takes pretty long.

You used a lot of good choices. I hope that some of them aren't so high res in the future to avoid crashing though.

Fortunally, we have Mark with us working on those issues :D.

That said, I still have my fears with my new DeLorean.

Police cars:

Well, I love the 2015 police, but it's the regular ones I'm a little iffy about. Firstly, I don't know why the 50s style model was used since I don't think it was ever seen once in the movies.

My biggest concern though is with the more modern car that replaces the FBI Cheetah.

Well, this is the only time we ever see a police car in the film:

vlcsnap71424.png

As you can see, it's green and looks pretty close to the original VC model than anything else. So, why couldn't you just save some trouble and just alter its doors "For Hill Valley" etc, but still use the same design? The one in the game isn't even from the movie.

Just wonder since you guys love movie accuracy, I've been wondering about this for awhile.

Edited by The Black Swordsman

Well that's the police car in 1985. The Police car of 1955 would be this one:

mk34420_1955_chevy-police-1.jpg

Which is the one we have at the moment. And we seem to already have that one aswell which already replaces the FBI Cheetah. Only color seems to be a bit of though.

Edited by Evil Morning Operator