:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
SnazzyGriff

0.2d works without crashing

So, after having all these random crashes with 0.2e I decided to give 0.2d a try and there are no crashes. At least I didnt have any in the several hours I played around with it.

I love the features of 0.2e but adding the hill valley right now seems to make it unstable. So, if anyone is just interested in playing without crashing give 0.2d a whirl.

Any possiblity of having 0.2e without Hill valley just so we can play without the crashes until Vice city is removed?

Any possiblity of having 0.2e without Hill valley just so we can play without the crashes until Vice city is removed?

try to learn to put the models out yourself. :mellow: It is not because the map only, the animations also effecting VC's stability.

Yeah... I'm pretty sure we all knew 0.2d does not crash (Or hardly crashes anyway)

Oh, wasnt sure cause I asked that in another thread and got no answer. Im a noob at modding so how do I remove hill valley then? Is it complicated or something that can be explained here?

I say ditch the hill valley map until you have enough for a decent sized map so you can get rid of the Vice City area. For the time being stick the clock tower feature upon a similar looking place on the Vice city map. I'd much rather have that than an unstable version barely playable. I'll keep my hopes on this happening.

Edited by Omega

Im a noob at modding so how do I remove hill valley then? Is it complicated or something that can be explained here?

It should not be so hard. I'm almost good in modding but n00b in explaining. :P:mellow:

I say ditch the hill valley map until you have enough for a decent sized map so you can get rid of the Vice City area. For the time being stick the clock tower feature upon a similar looking place on the vice city map. I'd much rather have that than an unstable version barely playable. I'll keep my hopes on this happening.

This is a good idea.

My specs should be ok to run the mod correct?

Windows XP sp3

Pentium 4 3.4

2 gb RAM

geforce 9800gt

It is more than enough. :P

I could tell you how to remove the map but it has bits coded in the main.scm for it, so it'll crash if you just remove it. Someone will have to state which parts of the code are for the clocktower clock and the wire strike scene with the hanging hook and a few more, these have to be removed first B)

Without delving too far into the code i'm not sure how difficult it would be to remove the hill valley features. Disabling the features would be a more logical way of doing it.

Taking a quick look, the clock for example and be easily disabled

Simply search for

create_thread @CLOCK
and replace with
;create_thread @CLOCK

You can tell the downtown section to not load, by editing the IPL loading file. Just use Notepad. I forgot which one though.

This is a good idea.

Windows XP sp3

Pentium 4 3.4

2 gb RAM

geforce 9800gt

Nice specs. But bad to hear you're also experiencing random crashes.

The RenderWare engine (gta-vc.exe) itself is not unstable. It's just that this version of the RenderWare engine is not capable of doing all of the workload of the mod.

Only few video cards, memory modules (type and brand, not the amount of MB), CPUs are capable of making the engine do such workload. Having the latest or the next-gen CPUs, memory modules and video cards, or even the best ones in terms of the improvement in performance they provide, doesn't immediately mean you have some of those "few" I've mentioned.

You can tell the downtown section to not load, by editing the IPL loading file. Just use Notepad. I forgot which one though.

Yeah, I did it a similar way:

I looked for all HV parts in all the IPLs, IDEs and COLs and collected them into seperated files, I call it tidyvalley ;)

http://bttfhillvalley.mini-me-osc.bplaced.de/tidyvalley.zip

Extract the ZIPs Content to your GTA:VC folder and you have the files seperated. Then, to deactivate Hill Valley simply open "data\gta_vc.dat" and look for this line:

IPL DATA\MAPS\hillvalley\hillvalley.IPL

Censor it (by putting a # in front of it) and at least the Hill Valley map is gone.

This works fine for me; I never occurred errors with the clock (maybe the code simply stops working if he cannot find the model).

Edited by Mini-Me

You actually delete Hill Valley?

I don't delete it, I only prevent it from being loaded ;)

See some posts above why.

If you disabled it you could take out some model in the gta3.img. lol :lol:

Yeah, I did it a similar way:

I looked for all HV parts in all the IPLs, IDEs and COLs and collected them into seperated files, I call it tidyvalley ;)

http://bttfhillvalley.mini-me-osc.bplaced.de/tidyvalley.zip

Extract the ZIPs Content to your GTA:VC folder and you have the files seperated. Then, to deactivate Hill Valley simply open "data\gta_vc.dat" and look for this line:

IPL DATA\MAPS\hillvalley\hillvalley.IPL

Censor it (by putting a # in front of it) and at least the Hill Valley map is gone.

This works fine for me; I never occurred errors with the clock (maybe the code simply stops working if he cannot find the model).

Havent had a chance to try this as I just saw the post. Does it help prevent some of the crashing???

BTW thanks for that