:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
OUTATIME

GTA IV:BTTF 0.??

Scince mods have already started for the PC Version of GTA IV,why not start a discussion on what we

will do first for the new GTA IV BTTF Hill Valley 0.1. Car Models,Scripts,??? So on and so forth

Scince mods have already started for the PC Version of GTA IV,why not start a discussion on what we

will do first for the new GTA IV BTTF Hill Valley 0.1. Car Models,Scripts,??? So on and so forth

Blue isn't going to be modding IV.

Only a hand full of ppl on this forum have the game(PC) So there'd be no point to it, Its best to leave GTA4 mod discussions till later on next year, when it less buggy and a few more of us have it B) Cause I'm filled with envey that I don't have it and my comp cant play it even if I did :angry: So save your ideas till a more appropriate time ;)

First of all, If/when we do move to GTA IV, we are moving the entire mod. The mod number would still be 0.2e.

Probubly not. It just means someone else is going to have to figure out the codding language and code the game.

It doesn't mean someone else is going for GTA4. It means Del doesn't really want this team to mod the game. There are good reasons why GTA4 shouldn't be modded for BTTF.

But it's not ensured that this will still be the case in the future. When installing the mod, the players can just make back-up copies of files that need replacing, but it is possible that the files are too big that it's wasteful for the HDD space to back-up copies for them, and what more if the files that will replace those files are also huge in size?

Yeah i know a good reason. Vice City has got that nice 80's look. GTA IV just looks to much like the present.

Yeah i know a good reason. Vice City has got that nice 80's look. GTA IV just looks to much like the present.

There are other reasons, like "would you consider wasting your time reinstalling a 15+ MB game and a 300+ MB mod if something goes wrong?"

It is still possible for GTA3, GTA:SA and GTA4 to have 80's look. It all depends on the buildings and other alterations on the environment we make.

Yeah i guess. And let us not forget that the game is 13 f***ing Gigabyte XD. :nosweat:

Does that mean that we're gonna have to stay with VC?

Hope so!!! I don't wanna buy a new computer or upgrade mine for this...

First of all, If/when we do move to GTA IV, we are moving the entire mod. The mod number would still be 0.2e.

so, Jens, I don't think so

Edited by Jay

As far as I'm aware, when the team were originally discussing this idea, it was decided that if we did move to GTA IV, we would also continue with the VC version for people with lower spec systems.

However, since we had that conversation, and as has already been mentioned, Blue has no intention of trying to mod GTA IV, at least not yet.

No it wouldn't. The only reason why VC is doubled, is because the mod itself exceeds the old game engine setup.

If the mod doesn't move to GTA IV.........would it move somewhere..??? :huh:

The only other realistic alternative is SA, but I can't see us moving the mod to SA unless we find a way of porting the effects from VC, and even then they would need to be as good if not better before we'd consider it.

this is uncool........ SA and VC both sucks and I think GTA IV just to advance and I don't think this mod will move there and this is uncool.......

Screw it all

What about the engine from Scarface: The World Is Yours :P Would that even be possible?

I think not....... :(

The only other realistic alternative is SA, but I can't see us moving the mod to SA unless we find a way of porting the effects from VC, and even then they would need to be as good if not better before we'd consider it.

The problem before was that when Del tested them via main.scm, they sucked. Hopefully CLEO, like it did in other CLEO mods, would improve the effects. I know some fire particles that would act best as the fire trails, and glows that would act best as the coil glows (a la the car neons mod for SA). As for porting effects from VC, I believe it is possible. I remember one CLEO mod using a "borrowed" effect from VC. In fact, the mod itself as its own IMG file containing that effect and other models used in the mod. If we can do the same way, there may no longer need of using an IMG tool to install the mod in SA. And also, there's a possibility to add more characters/peds and possibly cars instead of replacing pre-existing ones.

this is uncool........ SA and VC both sucks and I think GTA IV just to advance and I don't think this mod will move there and this is uncool.......

If we really decided to move to GTA4, things will become more complicated from that time on.

What about the engine from Scarface: The World Is Yours :P Would that even be possible?

We're not moving to a non-GTA game. :P