:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Agent Smith

Black Screen & Game Freeze 0.2f

Question

I've haven't played Vice City in a while because I was buying new componants for my computer, like a new Motherboard and CPU.

So after getting my computer up and running, I installed a clean Vice City game, and then installed 0.2f with no problems.

Then I decided to play, displaying an error message of a missing irrKlang.dll file, I downloaded one and the game runs...well in a way.

When I try to play, it goes normal, the Rockstar intro, but as soon as I go for a New Game it loads and ethier a black screen come up but in the Task Manager says it's still working and not "Nor Responding" or the other error is that it goes to the screen of the Player for about 1.5 second and freezes.

I don't understand what is wrong, like I say, clean install etc.

Please help.

Just to save everyone time asking what my PC specs are

PC Specs:

MSI B150A Gaming Pro Motherboard

RAM: 24 GB (By VIPER)

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.20 GHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 by Zotac 4GB

All help is appreciated.

2 answers to this question

With no apparent errors my advice is to #1 set compatibility mode to XP (right-click gta-vc.exe) #2 check Disable visual themes there (it can help sometimes) #3 if none of the above works try to reinstall the mod using this.

do me a favor, uninstall everything, install vc, then go to c:/program files/rockstar games/

right click grand theft auto vice city and go to properties

uncheck read only then click apply and ok

install hill valley and see if the game works

Sign in to follow this