Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Blue_Flash

[REL/VC] HQ Stock Delorean!

Finally, the cat is out of the bag...

1) We (at least timetrain and me) do not hate your models. We simply do not find them useful.

2) Converting models does not make them yours (specially if it is without the author's consent). It is your conversion work, but not your model.

1 minute ago, Carlos85G said:

Finally, the cat is out of the bag...

Please don't kill me! i'm a nice cat :D

1 minute ago, Carlos85G said:

We simply do not find them useful.

I Know, You all ready say why ;)

2 minutes ago, Carlos85G said:

Converting models does not make them yours. It is your conversion work, but not your model.

All Modders in This Planet (99% of them) don't make models, they just convert them :D

@Carlos85G Give me specific characteristics of the Stock BTTF Delorean, I Want to Try to make one (From Forza Model)

There's a difference between truth and opinion and this is a matter of opinion (I'm not denying it could be a truth though). Nobody hate's your models the models you converted, we just say that we prefer ours as @Carlos85G spent lots of time on making them as accurate to the movies as possible (... and required). (Yes, to the movies, not an original stock car.)

More polygons or a larger size don't automatically mean a better quality. I can open up paint and draw you a black square. If I now go and size down the black square it doesn't make it lower quality per se, just smaller. If you transfer that analogy to a 3d model, you could make round edges smoother with more surfaces, but it's not worth it if you don't really see it because an old engine is that crude.

And about being nice, you're telling people to think, ask for their age and be smart. I'm not sure how other people see it, but I don't find that nice.

3 minutes ago, Mini-Me said:

And about being nice, you're telling people to think, ask for their age and be smart. I'm not sure how other people see it, but I don't find that nice.

OK, The Admin is Here. i think this is the end guys :(

10 minutes ago, Blue_Flash said:

Give me specific characteristics of the Stock BTTF Delorean, I Want to Try to make one (From Forza Model)

It's your game, you are free to do whatever you please. If you like the forza model more, use it! I swap models all the time. It's also always fun to edit models too.

EDIT: Lol half of the active members are staff of some sort.

4 minutes ago, timetrain said:

It's your game, you are free to do whatever you please. If you like the forza model more, use it! I swap models all the time. It's also always fun to edit models too.

I Think you are saying in your mind "This stupid user is annoying, i tried to make his inderstand that we don't need his stupid Forza models. i wish he could get banned from this forum. and never come back"

So, You have what you ask.

Take Care Guys!

Just now, Blue_Flash said:

I Think you are saying in your mind "This stupid user is annoying, i tried to make his inderstand that we don't need his stupid Forza models. i wish he could get banned from this forum. and never come back"

So, You have what you ask.

Take Care Guys!

Actually, I was attempting to be sincere so you would continue doing what you enjoy, without being angry the team wont use them. (They respect Carlos' models too much, and they include all time travel parts from all movies.)

well either scenario is a win

12 minutes ago, timetrain said:

well either scenario is a win

12 minutes ago, timetrain said:

without being angry the team wont use them.

I All Ready Know That ! I just want to share with you this mods, that's all :lol:

Are we cool?

I'm cool. Like I said you're free to post them up here so others can find them and use them if they prefer.

@Blue_Flash stop it man, your conversion looks good, anyway it wasnt made for vc. I know now people have powerful computers, but that doesnt mean GTA vc has became more powerful than before. It still has a memory limit like before. And I'm sad to inform you that you are wrong, HQ models ≠ High poly models. If I were you I would do some research and you will notice why you are wrong. 

Modelling with good technics + Good Textures + Good Prelighting ( + well obtained normals )[in vc normals are useless] = HQ model

Here you have an example

large_low_poly_tank_hq_3d_model_fbx_obj_large_low_poly_tank_hq_3d_model_fbx_obj_

And please stop being impolite. No one hates your conversion, it looks good. But it doesnt fit in VC. I think you should try with IV :good:

OK, then, @Blue_Flash, now that the dust has settled, I think I can try to make a quick list for the requirements of the stock DeLorean...

• 1981 model.
  • Hood with grooves, without gas flap or ornamental logo (I'm not talking about the logo on the black grill).
  • No radio antenna hole.
  • Black lettering on rear bumper and sills (I'm talking about the black plate where you step).
  • Gray interior without stitched logo.
  • Manual transmission.
  • No front license plate.
  • (Optional) No floormats.
  • (Optional) GoodYear Eagle GT tires.

It would be preferable if the DeLorean had a California license plate, to show it's an actual vehicle registered in the United States, and not just a showcase model.

Then, the changes before adding the time machine parts.

• (Mandatory) Remove the floormats.
  • (Mandatory) GoodYear Eagle GT tires.
  • Remove the rear cargo net.
  • Remove both engine covers.
  • Remove the rear windows: the one on the back and the two on the rear fenders.
  • Remove the passenger-side seatbelt, but leave the seatbelt lock.
  • Remove the center armrest, center power window buttons and courtesy cigarrette lighter to replace them for a steel plate, where you'll only add the two power window buttons and the cigarrette lighter, as close as possible to the shifter (check for references about the precise location).
  • Remove the rearview mirror from the windshield, but leave the piece where it was fixed to the windshield.
  • Lower the front suspension (look for references to get the correct height).

That's what I can get off the top of my head.

About making all the time machine parts: you will have to make the research. There are plenty of references online, you will just have to find them.

And remember, the DeLorean should be a time machine, not just a movie prop, so you will have to think about the changes that are not obvious or not in plain sight.

4 hours ago, timetrain said:

EDIT: Lol half of the active members are staff of some sort.

Staff or moderators XD

Bttfbabies are the worst, its only when they grow up i like talking to them theres too many problems with high poly cars ill let you figure those out yourself

trust me i know because i was you once a long long time ago, i didnt listen to anyone i was right about everything, now i do these things because i actualy am right and dont need to listen

Edited by ~Leaf~