:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
83.0b.et

Getting blood back

This is a great game, but since it's a GTA mod, I find the lack of blood a bit annoying... However I know that this is accidental. Just wanted to ask the dev team to make a new modified executable based on an uncensored Vice City version, or tell us how to modify an uncensored executable so it can be used to run this mod with blood enabled.

Greetings.

As far as modifications to the exe go, VC Limit Adjuster was used and all limits available for change were set to their maximum. If you want, you can try to modify any other exe to your likings, note however that we won't support you though if you have any issues.

Also, I'm actually not perfectly sure about my statement in the bug tracker at the moment. Normally I recall that to meet requirements for Germany, the game decided based on the language settings decides whether blood, kill frenzy and headshots removing heads should be enabled. By simply switching language settings on a German PC one could get the game uncensored. With that in mind it might also be that we replaced the blood particles with the timetravel effects.

• Like 1

I don't think is a matter of changing languages, because if you look for the blood patch for censored Vice City, you'll notice it's just another executable... http://www.gamershell.com/download_2229.shtml

Tried using the VC Limit Adjuster settings that were used for default BttF 0.2f executable on that file, but it crashes while loading collisions. Tried using Vice Cry 1.8 executable too, and it also crashed while loading collisions.

Maybe additional changes need to be made with another tool for it to work?

Edited by 83.0b.et

I mixed it up I think, the language switch was for the playstation version probably. So I tried it with some other .exe that I had lying around in some folder named "unmodded". With it I can shoot people's heads off with the sniper and see the blood fountain in the vanilla game. Using VC Limit Adjuster 2.0 b6 and copying over the numbers from the 0.2f exe I could use it with the mod. With the options provided in 1.0 it also crashed loading collisions.

Still, heads pop off, but no fountains: headshot_zpscv3gydku.mp4 It's still possible we reused the particle effects.

• Like 1

why is everyone so freakin' worried about the blood, its not gta anymore its bttf give up

I don't care about it either. I'm just interested in the technical background why it's missing :D .

I remember blue talking ablut removing blood and gun play a long time ago he might have just removed it in his buggy exe

there are 3 blood particles just check their images\

technically 4 but the 4th works (tire tracks)

Edited by ~Leaf~
i do what i want