:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
steverules

My game keeps crashing

Question

Whenever I press 'new game' it starts loading then it stops and I get a message saying 'GTAVC.exe' has stopped working. Any way to fix this? I'm on a laptop with windows 10, this also happens on my PC which has Windows 9 if that helps. This is with the 2F release, and the update.

Edited by steverules

12 answers to this question

What version of the game are you trying to install it on (retail, steam)?

Are you sure it's a clean install with no other mods installed?

Yeah, it's a normal version and it worked with the 2E R2 version but for some reason it doesn't like 2F, without fail it'll crash every time at the same point of loadingĀ 

Yeah, it's a normal version and it worked with the 2E R2 version but for some reason it doesn't like 2F, without fail it'll crash every time at the same point of loadingĀ 

Have you tried using the manual install file?

Might give that a go, haven't tried that yet, there are a few errors during installation, like it can't write a file or two I think it is butĀ itĀ can stillĀ carry on with the installation.

Ā 

It's always on the 1955 square load

Edited by steverules

Might give that a go, haven't tried that yet, there are a few errors during installation, like it can't write a file or two I think it is butĀ itĀ can stillĀ carry on with the installation.

Ā 

It's always on the 1955 square load

Ok, do a fresh install of GTA VC.Ā  Once installed, make sure the entire contents of the GTA directory are not set to read only.Ā Ā  Then try installing the mod again using the manual install file.

Okay I'll try that, thanks. Before, I did try the manual install but it still crashed but every time I opened the game I got 'Unhandled exception'

Edited by steverules

Got it working now

To help other users who may have the same issue, can you detail what was the problem, and what you did to fix it.

What I did was use the manual installer and instead of letting it make it's own folder I changed the destination to my GTA game folder. With the auto installer that won't work, it's allow you to change the destination of the folder.

The auto installer also allows to choose the GTAVC folder. It'll even output into the log if the installation and GTAVC foldders are the same

Sign in to follow this