:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
rdc5288

Pressing F1 & F3 Fuction keys function

Afternoon all, (I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section but I don't think it qualifies as a bug)

Quick question.....just found a feature of sorts, I don't recall ever seeing this in the regular game but I was just pressing random keys...don't ask why and when I pressed F1 the game appeared to replay a few mins worth of gameplay I had just done...interestingly it was just when a RC BTTF 1 was returning....also seems F3 does something similar.

Could someone fill me in?  Is there a proper way to use these keys?

It's a replay function, it's available in vanilla game too.

ah right, so is there a way to use it correctly, do you tell it when to start recording?

Gta's awful replay system, i remember specifically hacking that out of the game in lc, fun thing i did the other day in hv, open the truck and climb on the ramps when it gors up then replay, since the models moving are building models they wont be loaded and your character will float up and down

Yep, it's GTA's built in replay system. Please don't use it, it only causes trouble. I recall a tip for the vanilla game was that you could open and close cabriolets when spamming it. Reason for that is that GTA uses a system for car models where add-ons (extras) can be defined, the roof of a convertible can be such one. We use this system in various parts, for instance for the DeLorean's licence plate or the lighting run hook. Using the replay function could mess around with these.

Ok won't but seemed to work fine was nice watching first temporal experiment without any interaction.

iknow this question must have driven you guys nuts but....could this replay system be used for the past selves question that I see people keep asking?