:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
timetrain

MP3 Station broke

Question

I assume all radio stations were removed on purpose. Though that does make driving around boring, I never use them. However I have all the BTTF themes in the MP3 folder to listen to while playing, which does make the game much much much more exciting when getting ready to time travel. However the MP3 station doesn't work, when you select it, it disappears and no music plays. I've only gotten it to work once only for the game to crash. I cannot tell you how much better the game when you can have your own music at least.

5 answers to this question

Hmmm. Radio stations work for me. I don't use mp3s though so can't say if those work or not. Certainly the stock VC stations work fine for me. 

Hmmm. Radio stations work for me. I don't use mp3s though so can't say if those work or not. Certainly the stock VC stations work fine for me. 

Interesting, are you using the original disc? It may be caused by me installing the game via torrent. However the MP3 is the big thing.

Torrented versions of the game are frequently tampered with in order to reduce file size or remove copy protections. One example I had seen is the radio stations being replaced by empty files as that saved a couple hundred megabytes. That could explain why they appear to be removed for you. Did you try if the radio works before you install the mod?

Besides, we do not endorse and support pirated copies of the game. The game is old and doesn't cost much anymore. You can get it cheap on Steam for example.

For the mp3 player, accessing it via scroll wheeI or R key is not possible. In order to prevent the game from randomly switching radio stations when time traveling or on hover conversion we need to manually set the radio station through the script. Due to engine limitations though we can't use the mp3 player with this. IIRC you can access the mp3 player from the settings menu, I'm not sure it'll persists though.

Edited by Mini-Me

@Mini-Me I did not pirate it, I lost my install disc. I bought the game and own the physical copy back in 2002.

I have glitched the MP3 station into working twice. Both times by either doing a random sequence of events then time traveling, or the second time messing around with the station in the audio settings and quickly backing out to the game.

If you want to mess with the script, find the line create_thread @Radio in main.sc and comment it out. Like that you can change radio stations like in the vanilla game. However they'll randomly change then.

Sign in to follow this