:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
CJ O'Hummer

time train reenters at low speed (after update)

Question

when you do a time travel with the time train after installing the update, it reenters into time at about 40 MPH instead of the usual 88.

5 answers to this question

I knew I'd run into some issue when locking the car in place when you're far away from it. It appears that the short timespan between you being removed from the car on timetravel and put up high, the speed being measured, the car being removed and somewhen in between the lock in place happens is enough for an overlap to occur.

As a workaround the 2 lines with the opcodes 0519 in Train.sc can be commented out.

Seconded as the time train is my usual way of getting to Doc's Garage and getting to 2015 quick.

Another fix is just travel in instant mode, but you lose the glorious sound effects of reentry.

Alright, a sensible fix should be the following:

if and
    0@ > 100.0
    $CAMERA_CONTROL == 1
    80DC:   not player $PLAYER_CHAR driving $TRAIN    
then
    0519: lock_vehicle $TRAIN in_current_position 1
else
    0519: lock_vehicle $TRAIN in_current_position 0
end

You can find the relevant lines in Train.sc if you search for "0519:" (without the quotes). The camera control variable is actually for something else, but it does well as bounding when the position lock needs to be stopped.

If you prefer a precompiled main.scm to place into the data folder of the game, find it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/me0oopzxum0qit7/main.scm?dl=0
This includes a fix for Error light bug.

Edited by Mini-Me
  • Like 1

I can get the plutonium only the first time. But it can be an idea for the next updates, obtain the plutonium only in 1985. ;)

Edited by Marty85

On Sun Nov 15 2015 19:28:16 GMT+0100 (ora solare Europa, Mini-Me said:

Alright, a sensible fix should be the following:

if and
    0@ > 100.0
    $CAMERA_CONTROL == 1
    80DC:   not player $PLAYER_CHAR driving $TRAIN    
then
    0519: lock_vehicle $TRAIN in_current_position 1
else
    0519: lock_vehicle $TRAIN in_current_position 0
end

You can find the relevant lines in Train.sc if you search for "0519:" (without the quotes). The camera control variable is actually for something else, but it does well as bounding when the position lock needs to be stopped.

If you prefer a precompiled main.scm to place into the data folder of the game, find it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/me0oopzxum0qit7/main.scm?dl=0
This includes a fix for Error light bug.

I can get the plutonium only the first time with this main.scm. But it can be an idea for the next updates, obtain the plutonium only in 1985.

Sign in to follow this