:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
hxnva

In-game notification to come and visit the forums

I've noticed the large amount of "spin-offs" of the main mod, which looks like several different groups of people decided to take the mod and add to it themselves, here's an example: 

So, my suggestion is to add some sort of notification to the mod to encourage the fans to come and visit the website and build the mod together as a community. What do you think?

I don't think we mind people taking to and adding to the mod.  But if they are then going to release their version
A ) they should make sure that the appropriate people are credited
B ) they should call it something else

We purposely chose different version number for GTA SA to avoid people being confused between what is a VC mod, and what is a SA mod.  But for example it looks like someone has released a "0.2f megamod" for GTA SA, which only serves to confuse people. 

What's also really frustrating is that some of these mod's use 0.2f models which were leaked out (by Mr Fusion, thanks man <_<) these models have been converted, without our permission and placed in SA and IV.  Someone has already taken the 2015 taxi from 0.2f and converted it without permission - even though we have already stated that all 0.2f models will be released for GTA SA very soon.

I don't think we mind people taking to and adding to the mod.  But if they are then going to release their version

We purposely chose different version number for GTA SA to avoid people being confused between what is a VC mod, and what is a SA mod.  But for example it looks like someone has released a "0.2f megamod" for GTA SA, which only serves to confuse people. 

What's also really frustrating is that some of these mod's use 0.2f models which were leaked out (by Mr Fusion, thanks man <_<) these models have been converted, without our permission and placed in SA and IV.  Someone has already taken the 2015 taxi from 0.2f and converted it without permission - even though we have already stated that all 0.2f models will be released for GTA SA very soon.

But if they're going to make large additions such as the train bridge shown in the video, wouldn't it be better for them to put their effort into the main thing?

BTW a question, when has the mod leaked?