:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
hxnva

Are there any plans to move on to GTA San Andreas?

I've been following the forums closely for the past few months, and noticed that before the release of the newest mod version, the team was planning to end it there, however after the release and fans getting together on here, it seems that the team is once again motivated to carry on with the mod. So are there actually any plans to move onto another GTA game? I've read that Vice City was chosen instead of San Andreas because of difficulty with modding particles. However, the FAQ says that the modding process allowed the team to learn a lot of new skills. 

I'm sure most people would agree that if the mod was to be further developed, it would be ideal to move it on to San Andreas - yes, the game is 10 years old now, but it would even a far better choice than the most recent GTA V, since the games engine and modding capabilities have still not been fully explored. San Andreas also beats VC through features such as trains, california setting (and deserts!), the hydra being pretty much an obvious choice for modding the flying delorean onto, etc. 

I've gone on a bit of a rant but I like starting discussions and hearing others out. So yeah..

• Like 1

I've been following the forums closely for the past few months, and noticed that before the release of the newest mod version, the team was planning to end it there, however after the release and fans getting together on here, it seems that the team is once again motivated to carry on with the mod. So are there actually any plans to move onto another GTA game? I've read that Vice City was chosen instead of San Andreas because of difficulty with modding particles. However, the FAQ says that the modding process allowed the team to learn a lot of new skills. 

I'm sure most people would agree that if the mod was to be further developed, it would be ideal to move it on to San Andreas - yes, the game is 10 years old now, but it would even a far better choice than the most recent GTA V, since the games engine and modding capabilities have still not been fully explored. San Andreas also beats VC through features such as trains, california setting (and deserts!), the hydra being pretty much an obvious choice for modding the flying delorean onto, etc. 

I've gone on a bit of a rant but I like starting discussions and hearing others out. So yeah..

Well, it's funny you mention GTA SA.... Now, while the vehicles will also be going to GTA IV, the buildings will currently only go over to GTA SA - Liam had only given permission for his models in their existing form to be moved over to SA, because for use in GTA IV all of the textures would need to be redone so that they look right. 

You are correct in your assumption that we are a lot more motivated to carry on now. Believe me it was a bit of a scramble trying to pull everything together last minute for the release of 0.2f. I think we started prepping it on the 18th/19th with the release on the 21st.  As a result of pulling everyone back together, and seeing people's reactions to the new release, it has given us a renewed sense of enthusiasm. 

Having said that, I'm not sure that there will be anymore main releases - where we hold everything back until it is complete. Moving forward we will be releasing models and features as soon as they are completed in the form of an update package. Think of it as a windows update. Occasionally we may make a 'service pack' which bundles all of the updates together. OR if there are enough, incorporate them and release them under an R2. 

K.I.T.T the trans am has nothing to do with back to the future besides being made in the 80's

K.I.T.T the DeLorean was a gag, it will not be added back into the game officially.

Sign in to follow this