:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Mike

0.2f models for GTA SA

The conversion of models is progressing for GTA SA (I say progressing, they are done, pending final carcol, vehicle.ide and handing.dat values). We currently need to adjust the placement of various visual effects to suit the new models.

A question for the community, would you like to wait for the visual effects to be updated, or would you like the models now? With an update to correct the effects placement following at a later date?

gta_sa_01.thumb.jpg.b3bc81d10075eb2fb487

• Like 3

I can wait
small question:
which models will convert exactly? (I hope the doc truck with animations also :D)

the interior of the Delorean will be animated?
I hope that you will continue the mini-mod gta san andreas ...

All of the new DeLorean models, the JVT, Rogers locomotive, Citroen taxi, docs truck, Martys truck (and maybe the Dmc-13)

• Like 1

We do not know yet, but at a guess, you can expect:

BTTF 1 DeLorean + plutonium + effects
BTTF 2 DeLorean + Mr Fusion + effects + hover conversion animation
BTTF 3 DeLorean + Mr Fusion + effects
BTTF 3 Railroad DeLorean + Mr Fusion + effects

Doc's Truck + ramp animations
Citroen Taxi + hover conversion animation
Rogers 131 locomotive + animations
JVT + animations + hover conversion animations

• Like 2

We do not know yet, but at a guess, you can expect:

BTTF 1 DeLorean + plutonium + effects
BTTF 2 DeLorean + Mr Fusion + effects + hover conversion animation
BTTF 3 DeLorean + Mr Fusion + effects
BTTF 3 Railroad DeLorean + Mr Fusion + effects

Doc's Truck + ramp animations
Citroen Taxi + hover conversion animation
Rogers 131 locomotive + animations
JVT + animations + hover conversion animations

ok thanks

Just throwing out here that the vehicles from 0.2f are not the only things which will be moved over to GTA SA...

sa03.thumb.jpg.7573127a1cbe05dcdee5c4fca

• Like 5

A question for the community, would you like to wait for the visual effects to be updated, or would you like the models now? With an update to correct the effects placement following at a later date?

I can wait. Cool screenshots!

Also, have you seen this: http://gtaforums.com/topic/528175-improved-vehicle-features/

• Like 1

Just wondering, have you guys already chosen a suitable place on the map for hill valley?

No, we haven't chosen a place yet, so are open to suggestions on where to locate hill valley in GTA SA.

Please suggest some locations where we could put it.

No, we haven't chosen a place yet, so are open to suggestions on where to locate hill valley in GTA SA.

How about between San Fiero and Mt. Chilliad or just to the north of San Fiero? KamXJ.png

Edit:Also, the place my cursor is pointing at

.nXm8yl0.png

Edited by NotGigo

I'm thinking that the best place would be where Area 69 is. If there was a way to remove the military base, it would be the perfect spot. A flat open area, single road leading to it, train tracks just south of it (also with a train bridge just to the west). And best of all, its a desert, so if you guys weren't planning to model the whole town square for 1885, then having just the clocktower alone in the middle of the desert would be great (instead of the current version where its all 1950's with an 1885 clocktower). I'll try to do some research to see if it's actually possible to remove parts of the vanilla map. 

Edited by hxnva

I don't know the SA map that well, but this is where we have it at the moment, currently suspended in the middle of nowhere above the ground.

We are open to suggestions on where to place it, but yes, it should ideally be somewhere within proximity to the train tracks which run around SA, so that we can incorporate the Rogers and JVT.

sa04.thumb.jpg.847d6d9f9421911095d2ff7af

• Like 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb29Vq16rJ4 

I know this is MTA and it's for online, but perhaps this tool can be used to delete some parts of the military base and save the map to use it with singleplayer, then put hill valley in its place. 

Is there anyone who would be able to test this out?

Edited by hxnva

But if you replaced Area 69, would you not still get 6 stars when you tried to enter Hill Valley?

That would most likely be an issue, but not impossible to sort out with a little script.

^^ and people wonder why we lose interest in working on the mod when people take our work, convert it and release it without permission...

6 hours ago, Mike said:

^^ and people wonder why we lose interest in working on the mod when people take our work, convert it and release it without permission...

Instead of making something useful, they just work on something we are working on and its looking 10 times better. 

why dont you try making your owns models? I'm sure that will be more useful. And you'll learn a lots of new things. :good: