:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
abc123

What was your place (city/town/village) like in 1885, 1955, 1985, and what would be like in 2045?

My place wasn't incorporated in 1885, it was incorporated some where in the first years of the 20th century and the town was still a farm, in 1955, much of the town was improved with few subdivisions and mom and pop stores, in 1985, strip malls and few fast food chains were created, much of my place was gained population and improved in 2015. But in 2045, my town would either be gang infested or filled with minority groups!

You can visit your local library and find out what your place look like in those years.

Edited by abc123

1885 was basically Assassin's Creed syndicate

1955 was the same

1985 was the same

2015 is the same

2045 will be the same

• Like 1

I live along 24 Mile Road in Michigan, which is about 15 miles North of Detroit. The one of the closest places I live to is the Van Dyke Avenue/24 Mile Road intersection.

In 1885, the intersection, then called Disco, had formally existed for about 36 years (platted in 1849). I assume dirt roads existed and trees stood freely at the sides of the roads and corners of the intersection. A school house, called Andrew's school house, in another area existed at this time, as well.

In 1955, likely less trees, the residential street I lived on was likely a sand-lot and/or farmland, it's namesake derives from the farmer who owned the land. The elementary school I would attend wouldn't be built for a few more years.

By 1985, Andrew's school house had been moved close to Disco, and the street I would live on has ~10 year old houses along its sides.

In 2008/2009, at the gas station that would become some metro cafe had a DeLorean in its parking lot. I would not have seen it had not my brother's friend's car not stall due to an oil problem. That same friend, like me, also likes DeLorean, but isn't a fan of BTTF, which is surprising (to me, at least). Later, when I would visit my family friends miles North of Disco, I visited their huge house and barns. In one, I got to uncover a cloth over a DeLorean. As I sat inside it, I got to hold and pet my friends' kittens. The car itself was dank and the whole experience was ballin'. Once more I would see another DeLorean, alongside a house in the newly developed area of my subdivision. It was fun, I guess.

By 2015, lots of trees have been cut on three corners of Disco, leaving most between residential streets and buildings. At apartment development project that began around 2007/08 after the removal of an assload of trees, and has seen slow, gradual progress due to the home market crash of 2008. 24 Mile has been torn up and repaved at the rate of a snail's pace.

2045, I have no god-darn clue hwhat will happen, I tell you what.

Edited by the1upDude
  • Like 1

1885 my city not a city but is a expanding town, my street still farmland

1955 city expanded taking over neighbouring villages, my street built, docks filled in

1980 parts of city cleared presumed poor housing. city still expanding, my street the same

2045 city still the same as today, maybe cleaned up but not real expansion my street still the same

Sign in to follow this