:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Trainman21

Unhandled Exception: c0000005

Question

I installed the Object.dat file that I needed to download and now I get an Unhandled Exception: c0000005 At address: 0059ef21 error when entering Hill Valley for the lightning run driving the BTTF Delorean w/ Hook without raising it and an Unhandled Exception: c0000005 At address: 00640fe5 when raising the hook for the lightning run. These errors seem to only happen at that night. A work around I found was to get the BTTF Delorean w/ Hook before traveling to that date and set up the hook, then travel to the date with the hook up then perform the lightning run. Also when I hit the wire above the road and time travel, instead of leaving the hook behind, it leaves a large fence? Help would be appreciated.

5 answers to this question

Win7 / 8 / 8.1 Fix

Delete .set file from your Documents\Vice City User Files folder
Open the Start menu, in the search box type "advanced system settings".
One result will appear, click it.
In the window that opens, click the Advanced tab, then the first Settings button
Go to the "Data Execution Prevention" tab, and click "Add..." to add an exception.
Browse to your gta-vc.exe and select it.
Now "OK" all the dialogs until they're closed.

And set winXP SP3 compatibility mode

Win10

Use Win7 / 8 / 8.1 Fix and delet d3d8.dll in Game folder! And use DirectPlay!

delet d3d8.dll in Game folder!

Are you sure you can do that? IIRC this file contains our plugin for the keypad and Rogers locomotive sounds.

EDIT: Checked that, yes. If you remove this file you won't get to program the timecircuits!

Edited by Mini-Me

Only Window10 users needed ! DirectPlay assumes the self managed the d3d8.dll !

I have DirectPlay checked in the Programs And Features on windows. I removed the d3d8.dll, but the time circuts wont turn on.

hahahahahhahahahahahahaha guys the d3d8.dll is the time circuits

Edited by ~Leaf~

Sign in to follow this