:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Omega

0.2f No traffic

Question

Issue found finally! It appears to be linked with these:

Doc's truck is respawned when it gets destroyed. If you go around 150 distance units from it, the spawn location it's parked on loads an LOD model. The LOD model doesn't have a collision model, thus the truck drops through the floor. Either it reaches the bottom of the level and is destroyed, or it falls into water (that is everywhere in the map below a certain level) and then is destroyed. For the latter the truck isn't despawned but the wreck remains in water. Another truck spawns on top of it and they begin piling up. At some point they push each other around and some land on their roof, thus exploding. That's why BackTo1775 saw the wrecks of the truck. Eventually the game spawns a hell of a lot copies of the truck. There end up being too many cars on the map, so the game spawns no more other cars for traffic.

This didn't happen with the old script because in it you started the game in 1885, where the truck didn't spawn.

Hi, i dont have traffic at the streets in 0.2f. Is it suppose to be, or what could i do wrong? Already tried to reinstall.. but same problem.

Topics merged.

Please check first if there's not already a topic for your issue.

I currently have no idea why traffic becomes this sparse, but I'll research a bit.

i dont think you want cars going into that small of a space anyways

The noise of cars feels but not seen they.

But cars can be seen from Vercelli's mansion when you go on the road disappear.

Edited by Marty85

Strangely, for some motive is appeared the traffic but when i went to menu and returned to play he crashed.

It did more times then the traffic is disappeared and the game didn't crashed.

But however the game crashes often in the other side of map where there is the gas station. 

Edited by Marty85

i dont think you want cars going into that small of a space anyways

It's not just Hill Valley, it's also all of Vice City that sometimes doesn't have a single car on the roads.

I have the same problem, I´m using GTA Vice City steam edition. Another problem I´ve got is that when loading a new game I have a black screen that stays for around 30 seconds same happens when I travel in time using cutscene mode.

Here is the correct file.  Replace the existing objects.dat file in the data folder, with this one.

You will then be able to push the delorean to 88 miles per hour (without crashing)

object.dat

I have added the file in the data folder but i still do not have traffic.

• Like 1

Because the file is not meant to fix the traffic issue...

I did this:

I actually fixed that bug as one of the last minute fixes, however the file was incorrectly included with the auto installer. Either use the manual installer - that version doesn't have the issue - or open the installer with an archiving tool such as 7-Zip and browse into the data folder. You'll find 2 files named objects.dat in there. Extract the larger one of the two into the data folder of the mod:

bttfhv_installer_objectdat_zpssjsczzqw.p

That should fix it.

Then i have reinstalled the mod and then i did this:

Here is the correct file.  Replace the existing objects.dat file in the data folder, with this one.

You will then be able to push the delorean to 88 miles per hour (without crashing)

object.dat.

Now i have the traffic.

I don't know why but for now it seems to have worked.

Edited by Marty85

I did this:

I actually fixed that bug as one of the last minute fixes, however the file was incorrectly included with the auto installer. Either use the manual installer - that version doesn't have the issue - or open the installer with an archiving tool such as 7-Zip and browse into the data folder. You'll find 2 files named objects.dat in there. Extract the larger one of the two into the data folder of the mod:

bttfhv_installer_objectdat_zpssjsczzqw.p

That should fix it.

Then i have reinstalled the mod and then i did this:

object.dat.

Now i have the traffic.

I don't know why but for now it seems to have worked.

That's interesting.  Because the file Mini-Me is referencing in that screenshot, and the file I posted up for download are one and the same.

Noooo, i have been busted and the traffic is gone :(.

:lol:  But if you start a new game is the traffic back?

At the beginning we see a few cars from Vercetti's mansion then disappeared.

Edited by Marty85

Quick note. It's not related to a code change. For verification I just compared the traffic and vehicle spawn codes between 0.2e and 0.2f. There's not a single change in it.

We'll have to locate an issue elsewhere.

Quick note. It's not related to a code change. For verification I just compared the traffic and vehicle spawn codes between 0.2e and 0.2f. There's not a single change in it.

We'll have to locate an issue elsewhere.

The problem is the MAIN.SCM because i change the scm of 0.2f to any of 0.2e and the game have bugs and crashes but the traffic apear

• Like 1