:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
TWG

Fading out of certain sounds

you know how you turn on the time circuits or...you are approacing 88mph and the sounds from the ingame environment, aka radio station music, other environmental sounds, when you boost with the flying circuits, ect...is there a way to make it so that they DON'T fade out? It gets kind of annoying when im jamming to 'tallica and then it gets faded out im like DAMMIT.

Ah, aight, see I thought that I heard Del talk about something like that at some point...some sounds needed converting so they wouldn't mess with natural in-game sounds......I forget though that might have been with something else.

If they could be fixed, they already be fixed. Limitation.
Blue is working on getting the sounds to be MP3 files. Those won't cause conflicts, like the WAV sounds.

Ok, archer, now these 2 answers veto each other...

Using WAV is the limitation that we currently have. Blue is trying to get MP3 files to work. A possible alternative.

another idea:

can't the sounds be put in the file sfx.raw and be played by

0407: create_coordinate 1@ 2@ 3@ from_car 0@ offset 0.0 0.0 0.0 // e.g. for the wormhole or reentry sounds

018C: play_sound 1 at 1@ 2@ 3@

Would it work somehow?

What are WAV's limits?

I think in this case they mean that there are only opcodes to play wav files and none for mp3 files.

another idea:

can't the sounds be put in the file sfx.raw and be played by

0407: create_coordinate 1@ 2@ 3@ from_car 0@ offset 0.0 0.0 0.0 // e.g. for the wormhole or reentry sounds

018C: play_sound 1 at 1@ 2@ 3@

Would it work somehow?

The Sfx.raw file uses low quality sounds. It's easier to use the WAV files, because they can be used as ambient sounds.

Didn't we add the cold code sound file to the sfx archive though? I thought we added that, as well as the clock sound files to the archive so that the sounds could be localised and not heard if you were on the otherside of the map.

some of the audio need to be put in sfx.raw cause to much wave effect sounds can be frustrating.......like when I time travel......the radio station music fades away.......

some of the audio need to be put in sfx.raw cause to much wave effect sounds can be frustrating.......like when I time travel......the radio station music fades away.......

Ah has been stated before, it is a game limitation, and most effects are required out of the archive.