:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Mike

Question for members regarding the 0.2e release

OK, this may sound a random question, but has anyone had any virus alerts when running the 2e installer? Someone on youtube is spazzing out saying the setup file gave him a virus.

Speaking for myself, I have no virus alerts when running any of the BTTF HV setup packages, and I use corporate anti virus software, which should be a cut above your average AVG.

Well I've not had any viruses, only the random crashes, which are to be expected... lol

so no, no viruses, maybe it was coincidence, and the youtube guy you're on about just got a virus at the same time...

0.2e doesn't give viruses, only fun!

He probably downloaded 0.2e from another dite because someone reuploaded it.

Well most of the virus scanners that are downloaded say that compressed files and auto installers are viruses so my advice is get norton cuz the we don't have virusses here.

Did he mention what type of virus it was? Because Avg can randomly suggest registery viruses if your comp isn't set up right, for instance if its an unrecognised setup.exe it'll say it a virus! I got a registery virus yesterday for supposedly performing an illigal move (nothing to do with the game though) :lol:

Mine has no viruses. Just 0.2e. Works fine too.

I've not got any viruses through the installer... (Kaspersky Security Suite (COMPUTERBILD-Edition))

Neither during install process nor after it...

Did he mention what type of virus it was? Because Avg can randomly suggest registery viruses if your comp isn't set up right [...]

Yup maybe his program tells him that gta-vc.exe is a keylogger (like mine does) -> Of course it logs the keys, otherwise Tommy won't move :D

Edited by Mini-Me

I use avira premium suite. Nothing showed up when I install 0.2e.

I have AVG Anti-Virus 8 and I don't encounter those problems with gta-vc.exe. The only problem I encounter with is Windows Vista's Blocked File Protection system. Whenever I open the Properties window of a program or any other file that I've downloaded or got from an outside source, it says:

file_protection_1.gif

Well good thing the program still works while it's "blocked". If it is completely blocked, I'll end up with this message:

file_protection_3.gif

For some reason, the Blocked File Protection system cease to function whenever I have a security software running.

Well, I’m glad the general consensus is that it doesn’t have a virus.

The only thing I can think of is that he must have had the virus before he downloaded the mod.

The 'dude' that Mike said maybe just wanna drop us you know. Making the mod looks not useful and dangerous to download.

no viruses for me. just some random crashes

many random crashes.

Mike, there's something you need to know. They say it for fun, which I don't know why, don't listen yo them :good:

Mike, there's something you need to know. They say it for fun, which I don't know why, don't listen yo them :good:

I assume that Mike worries more about the fact, that other people believe it and don't want to download it...

Guest chevron8669

Avast wont even let me install it:P it either picks it up as a Trojan when it finishes downloading or when i get up to installing the car models during the installation, it detects the mod installer as a Trojan and does not even start to install the car models.

Why would some programs pick it up as a Trojan?

I am seriously thinking of switching to another freeware virus program. Avast started saying my term was up, and then there's that pesky trojan detection after the game crashes.

I believe this topic has come to an end.