:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Marty McFly

1985 A

When we get 1985 A, how would we get to there. Would there be an "A" option on the time circuits, or would 1955 have to be messed with like in the movie?

Good question!! But i have no clue.

No it's the part where Biff is the richest man on earth.

Maybe , but I think it's hardcoded.

Edited by JohnyTheDotman

This will be implemented sometime in the future versions, (and we're too far from those versions yet). In the final version, going to 1985A after the trilogy missions will be like a free-roam thing you can do anytime you want.

These could be the possible steps onto unlocking 1985A during free-roam:

1. Go to year 2010-2014 to buy the Sports Almanac from the antiques shop. A marker should appear -- at these years, more copies of the Sports Almanac are still available, where there may only be one copy left in 2015 which will be bought later on by past Marty to create 1985A. You can still buy this Sports Almanac in 2015 in a date before Marty attempts to buy it, but this will cause a paradox. When you've reached the date after past Marty bought that last copy, the marker will no longer be available.

2. Go back to 1955, in any date after November 12, 1955. If you made it in the right date, a marker will appear in front of the door of Biff's house. Note that that marker will only exist up until December 31, 1955 11:59 PM, or any other later date which would still give Biff enough time to create the same 1985A for us.

3. Go to the marker to leave the almanac there.

4. Then you'll unlock 1985A. You'll also unlock 2015A, but since Biff's rule will cease after his death in 1996 there may not be any difference between 2015 and 2015A.

To disable 1985A or "Biff Era Mode":

1. Go back to 1955, a day or more after you left the almanac in front of Biff's house.

2. Go to Biff's garage, and near Biff's car you'll find a marker.

3. Go to that marker to take back the almanac.

4. "Burn it!"

O_o how the hell can 1985A be hardcoded!?

Presumably it'll be coded that if Biff gets the almanac then 1985 will become 1985A

atm, Oct 27th is coded to be 1985A, hence the black sky... (well, sometimes at least...)

Maybe... just maybe the error thing could make 1985A, how the Nth dimension is coded; perhaps similar code could be done to create 1985A...

How about the models?

And i really hope it could be implented.

4. Then you'll unlock 1985A. You'll also unlock 2015A, but since Biff's rule will cease after his death in 1996 there may not be any difference between 2015 and 2015A.

Or maybe we can have delays on stuff in the alternate timeline after the year 1996, like the start of the "future era" being delayed to year 2025 (while it starts in year 2010 in the original timeline) or possibly seeing your "alternate self" in the year 2030 with a familiar-looking non-DeLorean time machine doing the same stuff as original Marty did in the original 2015 only that he won't be seeing a Sports Almanac in an antique shop and get tempted onto buying it and causing another almanac incident lol.

Is it going to be hard? By just looking at it I know it's hard.

Well i think that a new code needs to be added for this, but i really like this idea but maybe it's something that's not possible like the past self feature.

I think the past self thing can be done. Just use another character with the same model and redo what the original present Marty did. If you know what I mean. :lol:

It's possible to code; impossible to retain within Vice City; namely because of the memory limits, I think Delorean88us said once that a supercomputer wouldn't be able to handle past self...

Athough... I'm now thinking... there's a limit on multiple time machines right... as basicly multiple time machines is a similar concept to past self...

so maybe... last 2 minutes before the time travel... that'd be quite snazzy...

The problem lies that your information is dumped if you use that car. Which would cancel out Past self to begin with. Only remote cars can be cached to memory.

Wait, I know that alternate Biff dies but didn't know at what date. And how. Where did you hear that from anyways (I don't remember it from either of the commentaries, but then it's been two years since I last saw/listened to them).

Edited by Honest Joe Statler

This will be implemented sometime in the future versions, (and we're too far from those versions yet). In the final version, going to 1985A after the trilogy missions will be like a free-roam thing you can do anytime you want.

These could be the possible steps onto unlocking 1985A during free-roam:

1. Go to year 2010-2014 to buy the Sports Almanac from the antiques shop. A marker should appear -- at these years, more copies of the Sports Almanac are still available, where there may only be one copy left in 2015 which will be bought later on by past Marty to create 1985A. You can still buy this Sports Almanac in 2015 in a date before Marty attempts to buy it, but this will cause a paradox. When you've reached the date after past Marty bought that last copy, the marker will no longer be available.

2. Go back to 1955, in any date after November 12, 1955. If you made it in the right date, a marker will appear in front of the door of Biff's house. Note that that marker will only exist up until December 31, 1955 11:59 PM, or any other later date which would still give Biff enough time to create the same 1985A for us.

3. Go to the marker to leave the almanac there.

To disable 1985A or "Biff Era Mode":

1. Go back to 1955, a day or more after you left the almanac in front of Biff's house.

2. Go to Biff's garage, and near Biff's car you'll find a marker.

3. Go to that marker to take back the almanac.

4. "Burn it!"

That sounds good

that sounds really good. I mean Blue/del88us is a great coder. So it is possible to say that it can be done. :)

how the Nth dimension is coded;

So you wouldn't code anything for it :huh:

'Cause the Nth dimension is a game glitch and not coded :P !

@Marty McFly:

Please stop quoting the whole post. Quote only the extract you're referring to or don't quote anything if you're referring to the whole post.

How come the Nth Dimension was a glitch? And not coded? Can somebody explain it to me .

How come the Nth Dimension was a glitch?

There is no explanation for that... At least I can't think out one.

The mod team noticed that glitch and decide it to keep it... (You could prevent it by letting the code save the car's health to a variable, repair the car and after TT reset its damage status)