:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
peter

K.A.T.T Mod update thread

Cool update! I like the model edits.

A couple of suggestions:

The oceanic has delorean engine sounds, but the DMC-12 does not? K.A.T.T. also does not have delorean engine sounds. You might want to fix that. I made a topic about a tool that will help you fix the engine sounds: http://www.bttfhillvalley.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=4219

Here's what you have to do to fix the engine sounds:

Find out which sound banks are used for the Deloreans. Use SAAT (San Andreas Audio Toolkit) and open GENRL: http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=5777

For reference, use the sound bank guide. This lists all the cars in each default SA bank: http://pdescobar.home.comcast.net/~pdescobar/gta/saat/sfx_dir.html#GENRL

Oceanic uses banks 10 and 11. Try those first. If the delorean sounds play in banks 10 and 11, you're good. If not, you need to try other banks.

When you find the 2 banks with the delorean sounds, do not edit them. Write down the bank numbers. Close SAAT.

Now open the tool I mentioned. Open your GTASA exe and scroll down to the model of your K.A.T.T. Check the edit banks box and change the bank numbers so that it matches the delorean bank numbers plus 6. If it was bank 10, type in bank 16, and so forth. Make sure the bank numbers are entered in the right order (larger number goes on the top and the smaller number goes on the bottom.) Then, save your exe. If you do not save immediately after making a change, the changes will be lost.

Now, scroll to oceanic and repeat the process, except this time change it to non-delorean banks. Repeat for all non-deloreans with delorean sounds.

That's it! You didn't even have to edit GENRL. Much easier, right? :thumbs:

• Like 1

actually the dmc 12 has the sounds it has in the game gran turismo which is quite nice and the sounds that KATT uses is from kitt 3000 from shadowrider,

I don't want KATT to have delorean sounds just to make sure he's different ;) but the suggestions are nice so thanks

in the mean time I want KARR's scanner back BUT I need the spawn script to put the particles in the right place but that's all in good time.

as for the oceanic I'll put another delorean as that at some point, for now its a place holder..for now that is.

I need to mess with the BTTF KR mod scripts....its time travel.s is quite a handfull...bttf1 - bttf4 deloreans time travel and time circuit scripts are in that one .s ...I need to take out the stuff for the BTTF1 del mostly due to how its all set up including the sound that plays at 82mph.....which is a nice touch

• Like 1

You finally fixed the coils! Great!

A couple of comments:

Change the flycar.cs keypress so you don't activate it when you enter a date into the time circuits.

Modify door.s to allow the Mr. Fusion open sound to be played on all deloreans after BTTF1.

Fix the BTTF3 RR sound error.

Use a streaming memory fix. I use 2048MB-StreamMemory.cs

I like the bidirectional wheels!

hey thanks ^_^

the handling line came from the AIM mod pack ( I'll do a playthrough of it when I get a new mic)

I'm using REG coils for KATT, I can't seem to fix the coils for BTTF3 or RR, but I got it fixed for the AIM time machine ( its a re-painted crysis del)

and I'll do a playthrough of this mod pack once I update fraps etc etc and get time help .cs working

I'd actually choose to not use very HQ mods, especially when recording. The Crysis Dels allone are pretty high poly and can stress the game a lot.

Anyway..

Not too sure if it's actually true but people reported that a high amount of streaming memory is quite crashy thus not really practical.

Maybe one of these works well enough without being too excessive:

{$CLEO .cs}
0000: NOP
//0A8C: write_memory 0x8A5A80 size 4 value 314572800 virtual_protect 1  // 300MB
0A8C: write_memory 0x8A5A80 size 4 value 524288000 virtual_protect 1  // 500MB
//0A8C: write_memory 0x8A5A80 size 4 value 1048576000 virtual_protect 1  // 1000MB
0A93: end_custom_thread
Oh, and remember the OS and other apps (fraps) want RAM, too. If the overall required memory reaches a high value (depending on how much is installed), the OS might start swapping to the hard disk which slows things down again. Edited by uokka
  • Like 1

I barely use 4GB a day out of the 10GB of HQ DDR3 ram but I only ever had the buildings problem in you see in the video when I use the crysis BTTF3 and RR del's, it might be that but the game was worse when I installed AIM's GTA3 img when all the cars were the VC and GTA 3 cars etc etc and all mega HQ

Nice job with the mod!

I would use a zip file. Better shoot for maximum compatibility. Torrent does not work for a lot of people (like me). RAR is okay.

that would take ages to upload, I could upload it in parts only upload what is needed

nice work. :good:

Sorry. what is with 2 bananas?
I like Peter's games :welcomeani:

EDIT: LOL bananas AGAIN.....

bananas = D.E.L.O.K.I.T.T

one is K.A.T.T...knight automated time traveller and one is K.A.R.R delorean edition there is also the A.I.M time machine from the aim mod pack, its my test time machine :3

• Like 1

okay. good idea
thank you for asking

I'll figure out a way to make KATT edition downloadable then I'll see what people on here think

nice work peter.

Thank you for downloading.
I try your game :good:

Hey thanks, you'll need to watch the video and look at the read me too.., keep an eye out for parts 2 and 3

Why soo huge; several GB to download?

But Mod Loader.

I use a vanilla gta3.img and the modded one is in mod loader :3 thanks to uokka for the tip

just download all the parts then extract the first one and boom.... you have the full game with mods and stuff...you do need both the readme and the video ( all 3 parts) to see whats what :3

also pressing 1 crashes the game since I forgot to remove the RR del that was meant to be used for programists pushing the del to 88 mini mission ( I stuck with delorean88mp's version)

their may be a problem with time help

and also sometimes making the bttf 2 del go to flying mode with ctrl or 0 crashes the game

good luck

So you put a modded gta3.img in "..\SA\modloader\peters_mod_pack\." ???

You could save a LOT of bandwidth and download time if you just place your modded files (only) as-is in that folder. No need for .IMG archives. (:

Unfortunately, it's to big for me to download.

Also, Link is expecting to release another update in a week or so. The currently latest version 0.2.1 won't read handling lines as version 0.1.15 (currently latest on GTAGarage) does from .TXT files. The upcomming Mod Loader update may be even more awesomer. (;

well I used a custom handling line using modloader also its 600mb per rar :P I'd rather give out the full game than make a mahooooosive tut on installing modloader and all the sorts, I only put the gta3.img in modloader to reduce the payload of what it loads

But I'm a cheap prick who can't afford an actually usable interwebs connection. There might be others too. While the mod itself doesn't need it.

And those who aren't able to extract a RAR archive into a certain directory shouldn't use a computer anyway. q:

Plus, I don't see where it gets more difficult for anyone if one has to put your \modloader\ folder (and maybe some other files to overwrite) into the SA folder.

Besides...

[...] I'd rather give out the full game [...]

... you're on thin ice there buddy.

yeah I know about piracy but its much quicker and easier to zip it up and make it simple btw the aim mod pack is the full game so I don't feel left out on that part plus I'm not profiting from the game so its up with the fair use policy

Oh, you can't seperate the AIM mod since you can't be sure which files were modified. That's a shame. ):

Anyways, I hope for you, you made sure you don't actually make it the *full* game available since this wouldn't fall under fair use anymore.

I know I shouldn't do it but I'm doing it under fair use, I've got my legal backup which is now modded, I am not making money off it i.e using adf.ly crap, the only money I make is off the video which is also legal