Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
peter

K.A.T.T Mod update thread

Yep

But... (As said above, I can't download atm so I'm just speculating) It's not about you making money but the company who sells the product NOT making money. Provided one who downloads your mod pack won't need to buy the game anymore. That'd be unfair-use, plain piracy imo and not advisable despite the fact that it's easier and quicker for you to provide your mod pack. Furthermore, not only YT could kick your butt for making them look like a warez site, but also this very site would look kinda related to your actions. Again, I'm speculating.

However, from a technical point of view it's actually not that hard to compare each file from your mod pack with the original counterpart and create a list of (or just copy) files that are not identical, so that many many files could be ignored. I actually never did this but I'd guess there are tools like MD5SUM checkers that could be used in a batch file to do the job in minutes.

Don't get me wrong but "quick and easy" can also be read as "fast and dirty". q:

:P yup but the kick is that I've never played through all the missions in SA so I might have replaced a few mission cars that require more people too be in a car...they'd have no choice but to buy the game if they really wanted too.

I know all the files I replaces I just don't want hassling little children going boo hoo how do I install this toot...it may seem like fast and dirty but in reality its avoiding hate and installation questions ( which I could easilly answer but then more would crop up)

giving the full game with the mod pack enables them to keep their current SA (if they have it) unmodded therefore they can can pick either one to use :P

thats just my view on it

OK, I get your point. But common sense doesn't apply here. The big guys don't hire their lawyers for nothing and they don't care about your view on it.

Aaand, Mod Loader! Now that you're using it, you could benefit form its potential of easily sharing mods without the downside of possibly corrupted .IMG archives and the users hassle of manually messing with such files and whatnot.

"Place it 'there' and BOOM - Done!".

If you want to make it as easy as possible (without pirating - bc dangerous and unnecessary huge amount of data) you could just provide CLEO, Silent's ASI Loader and Mod Loader along with your mod-pack (plus possibly other files that Mod Loader currently cannot replace - if you provide any), and instruct people to simply through it in a copy of their SA directory.

That's the standard way of sharing mods for a long time and it usually works just great. Imagine every mod would come with all the files the user already has. O_o That's overkill!

If you really get stupid questions from lazy super-noobs who cannot find the readme and you're too lazy to answer their questions, ignore them. They'll figure it out eventually. Or tell them to RTFM (once more).

Also, I think super-noobs usually don't know how to extract a split .RAR archive. (; That might be a question you should be prepared to answer too. q:

ok for now it'll remain as is but I'll prepare another archive inside mod loader ( I am strongly against it because with modloader I get a tiny amound of lag when I exit a building and thats only with a single img and keep in mind apart from graphics power my pc is kinda op )

but it'll only contain the img and I'll make a replace me folder which will contain the root folders to be replaced and stuff to that effect

issue? I don't see one with it or do you mean when he fires the side missiles? that when he is moving you see the shot come from behind the car?

also everything in this minus K.A.T.T's voice, pursuit mode, my laser and the TARDIS and the daleks etc are CS based

while the rest is a lovely scm that crashes the game when you edit it

No. I mean that the taillights of the crysis delorean are white.

WhiteTaillights_zps64852409.png

The corona is the right color, but the actual taillights are white like the reverse light. You probably aren't using IMVehFT or IVLM, but they should be the right color on the model texture itself.

hi BTTFModMachine

I have seen before the car. but Peter did not make it. was the doing came from russia
HERE: DELETE

Edited by Delorean88MP

hey Delorean88MP its in the video that I never made it I just put K.A.T.T in their

and BTTFModMachine its a crysis delorean I got in a pack so it might be a model error

if it is have problems car. you can take the new DFF files?

it was textured like that...I looked through it and those white blocks were there but I'm just gonna replace it with the bttf 2 crysis del...its easier...but whats cooler is that there used to be a KARR version of the AIM thing and I am looking to restore it, ithe pack comes with encrypted instructions so I can't read it...it looks jumbled too me....so overall do you like the KATT port?

I tried running KATT on my PC some time ago, and it crashed. I can't remeber the error but the only part I can remember is "D3D". I researched the issue and found out it was becuase of ENBseries.