:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
peter

K.A.T.T Mod update thread

to be fair it was perfect on the preview screen so I rendered it and threw it up on youtube haha!! took 4 hours :o

anyway expect a vocal update for K.A.T.T

Cool update! I like that TARDIS materializing effect. :thumbs:

Now I see that your time travel effects start at 80 mph. Any chance you're using my script?

I've actually only changed the same script I used last time but I am using Delorean88MP's effect.fxp, I had to re-map tha TARDIS because every time I walked CJ would call for a TARDIS

Great job with the update! Everything seems to be working OK. I messed up my install once before, and extracted all I could from it.

I recommend using GGMM (GTA Garage Mod Manager) to replace vehicles and to back them up. Using GGMM is the easiest way to transfer vehicles from one install to another.

If you edit the effects properly, you can have any color wormhole you want. ;)

Also, you can back up your GTA SA before installing a mod by copying and pasting the GTASA folder. Your backup GTA will work just fine as it is, as long as you disable DEP on the newly copied exe.

I've learned my lesson, I've got a permanent vanilla san andreas :P also would you be able to edit the effects for me if I pass them too you? like create new ones but in different colours, I want to get right into all of this

[...]

I recommend using GGMM (GTA Garage Mod Manager) to replace vehicles and to back them up. Using GGMM is the easiest way to transfer vehicles from one install to another.

[...]

You're lying! Mod Loader is the easiest way. ;)
  • Like 1

I just use alci's IMG editor :3 meaning I don't have to find each txd and dff just import (remove if exists)

anyways BTTFModMachine wanna help me out editing this effects.fxp?

I went in and edited my old effects.fxp and it didn't work

hey its ok, I made the green implosion effect using the one thats in the effectspc.txd thats in the BTTF KR mode mod pack by programist....now all DeLoreans are using the implosion...I'm onto something here :D :D

XD. :rotfl:

I haven't done anything so big that I would need Mod Loader...yet.

Nah, ModLoader is just great for small mods. Single vehicles, effects, textures.

Stuff that you could otherwise easily forget about.

--

peter, PM me if you still need to merge two FXPs and two TXDs.

it's not letting me pm you :o it says you are unable to recieve new messages

anyways I wouldn't mind the help with that and see how its done

True, try again.

You could also re-use the 'conversation' we have already running.

weeeeeeeeeeeeell just to let people know that I am going to be making another video soon.....yes...soon also uokka have you tried the BTTF KR mod yet by programist?

Nope. I really like the idea of having vehicles from old school TV shows in the game but nothing can beat a flying car. Or, I don't need to boost-jump if I can fly. ;p

well if you install it install cleo 4.1,,,not 4.3 it makes it crash also its got bad lag sometimes

Hmm, not sure if I had a crash but I needed to fix the bttf scripts for 4.3.

CLEO 4.3 has a new feature wich kinda breaks the text display stuff.

The mini mod comes with a file called "draw.cs" (or something) which only purpose is to do an infinite loop and execute the 'text draw' opcode [so it won't be needed in every bttf script that draws something?]. Now, in CLEO 4.3, drawing text and textures on the screen is managed independantly for each script. If you have several unrelated scripts that draw textures on the screen, those textures might become completely white with CLEO 4.1 if another script, which wasn't aware this texture-ID is used elsewhere, made the texture being released from memory and rendered the ID useless. This is 'fixed' in 4.3 by not sharing the draw-stuff-IDs between scripts but handling them independantly. This makes it necessary for the 'text draw' opcode to be included in every script that uses text/texture draw opcodes.

I like the BTTF KR mod and the green wormhole.

You can modify door.s to make KATT's Mr. Fusion make a sound when opening.

I would suggest using more textures for the womholes. It seemed like you were using the same three or so textures for the deloreans repeatedly. It seems kind of choppy to me. ;)

When I ported Programist's wormhole effects over to my mod, I changed it from time based to speed based. I use the first 32 wormhole textures, I believe.

KATT uses wormholes 1 through 44 (he's a fast car so it goes through them quicker)

the other deloreans use wormholes 44 to 34

programist's mod is great but I get a bunch of lag when using it and its loading other high quality models

its not slow down lag like if its using too much RAM

I think its the KITT and KARR functions along with the time travel .s....all of the timetravel stuff is bundled into one script but I think cleo chokes on it

Very nice time travel effects.

KARR and KATT sounds when you enter the vehicles are annoying.

I had actually broke my game by mistake when adding KARR but it all worked out and I have edited your cold.s for the iced effect to last longer :3 its pretty amazing to be honest

the only problem is that with KARR the controls sometimes don't work ( you press + to turn on the scanner and his effects same for time circuits) so I'll either just scrap the scanner and abilities or set the spawn script to start scanner.s and timetravel_karr.s at the same time :3

The ice 'animation' doesn't seem to have worked in the vid. Does it generally work for you?

What about the model-integrated scanner like in that mod on ModDB; Could you possibly just copy/paste that with ZModeler?

I added that scanner to my Crysis Delorean KITT. It works fine. However, when I changed the model and the color of the scanner for my delorean KARR, it stopped working. I don't know why. I'm considering adding the ice effect to my deloreans. Nice job with the update, peter.

hmm I like the one from the bttf KR mod pack simply because it looks alot like the one from the show

the ice animation actually did work till I changed the timing

also do either of you know where I can get a better looking rogers locomotive?