:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Yoshi

About the whole "See yourself in the past thing."

Yes, I read the FAQ and it said this wouldn't be possible and shouldn't be asked. But I'm just curious about it. But if it wasn't possible, then how come so many others have done it?

Even if it did lag, how would it be done? I could see some interesting applications with it.

Also, I would love to try this out even if it did lag.

Also, the replay system in GTA SA doesn't lag, so theoretically couldn't you do it using something like this?

Something else is that, it doesn't have to alter the future. I just mean to JUST see yourself, and what you did.

Edited by Yoshi

In your So Many Others link, it doesn't show that at all. This cannot be done in GTA VC or SA, due to memory restrictions. What is shown in the video is ways to remotely cause the delorean (or multiple deloreans) to time travel without RC mode or getting inside the car.

• Like 2

In your So Many Others link, it doesn't show that at all. This cannot be done in GTA VC or SA, due to memory restrictions. What is shown in the video is ways to remotely cause the delorean (or multiple deloreans) to time travel without RC mode or getting inside the car.

You didn't see the right part. Go to 2:48. I know its possible, and has been done.

Edited by Yoshi

That was a remotely controlled delorean that re-entered at the same time he time traveled back. If you looked closer, you would see that there is no one in the driver's seat. I was able to do this in HV and SA. You can see other deloreans in the past, but not yourself. The player cannot see himself.

• Like 2

unless you edit a video with something like sony vegas pro and use planters mod or something and create an elution. however thats just made up it wont be exactly from the game. otherwise than you making it with a video pragram editor it isn't possible due to

memory restrictions

just as Mr. BTTFModMachine pointed out. have a nice day sir. ;)

• Like 2

This cannot be done in GTA VC or SA, due to memory restrictions.

What? ....

Well, we have the Replay feature which is activated by pressing F1 or something and the replay can even be saved by pressing F3 or something. Though, the saved replay is not as accurate as default AI movements, not to speak of player movements; the result is just glitchy.

However, the fact this hasn't been used yet isn't caused by memory restrictions in terms of RAM (which can be walked around / hacked) but by what the game can actually remember. I think the game can look back in time as far as 30 seconds or something and it doesn't do that very well - probably to not waste resources.

I believe this would need hijacking and imroving of game functions related to replay stuff to have a smooth and long enough (or more than one) replay which would then be used as paths for ped and vehicle movement.

(IIRC, improving/using replays this way has been done already)

Probably also requires taking care of paradoxes via scripting (in some way O_o).

The game doesn't provide usable functionality as is - However, it might be possible to achieve this, but...

220px-Nobel_Prize.png

you can forget about replays being useful anywhere in this idea, I actually disabled replays in my mod because they are scarrily badly made, you'd have to write the scripts from scratch , its not impossible, just not going to be seen done in scm as scm was intended for game start setup and missions. not features

In my SA install, I have disabled the replay feature as well. Just to prevent myself from accidentally hit one of the replay keys.

For CLEO 4

0a8c: write_memory 0x8a6160 size 5 value 0 virtual_protect 1

And this should work for CLEO 3

0a8c: write_memory 0x8a6160 size 4 value 0 virtual_protect 1
0a8c: write_memory 0x8a6164 size 1 value 0 virtual_protect 1