:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
BTTFModMachine

Movie-Accurate-Ish BTTF3 Delorean Startup Sound

Here we go! I'm sure a lot of us searched for a sound like this at one time or another. ;) Anyway, I combined Telltale sounds and engine sounds in Audacity to make this:

http://youtu.be/DsjnhhsZVfY

It's the closest I could get to the sound effect in the movie.

Please leave feedback!

DOWNLOAD: No download yet.

See you in the future!

-BTTFModMachine

• Like 1

Sounds good, but give it a little more umph in the beginning of the soundbyte, as in the scene where the car pulls out in BTTF 1.

Without this, it just sounds like a fusion device warming up.

EDIT: You did do an outstanding job editing the audio though!

[My last sentence got cut out when I posted this reply... Therefore, I added it back in this edit. :P ]

Edited by RobertBlox
  • Like 1

It's cool but I think that this is not the start up sound...

I think that this sound is a mix of the start up sound in BTTF1 (when the DeLorean goes out of the truck) and the sound of the DeLorean that would go backwards.

• Like 1

Boy, you have a good ear!

I mixed the startup sound from both start up sounds in BTTF1 (when the DeLorean goes out of the truck and the first experiment startup).

It probably won't be revived, unless anyone else on the site can provide a download. For some reason, BTTFModMachine vanished from the face of the Earth in late 2015, taking his YouTube channel and mods with him.

I might try and make my own version of the BTTF 3 Startup sound, might need help sourcing which sounds I should use. From what others have said above, It's a mashup of when it comes out of the truck, and when it gets started via the remote control. When I watch the scene I hear a diffrent/new sound and then the truck one half way through.

12 July Update: It's a Nightmare trying to do this, I'm trying to remove the Music from the scene but There is No balance between it sounding good and No Music. It's a lot tougher than I thought it would be but I've got an 'Ok Sounding' one, It's probably better creating it from scratch. 

Edited by Golden Saddle
Update

I messed around in Adobe Auditon to try and remove the music to get the sound and it's alright, just a bit choppy. It's not the best so i might tackle it again but I doubt i will. I also did the Startup sound for the Time Circuits which is heard in the same scene and in the train ride scene which is pretty much pefect. I haven't setup a download yet as i am not sure if anyone wants it since as i said it's quite rough. It would be better to just try and see if it's possibe to rip it from a copy of the film with 5.1 channel audio but I am not sure if i am up to that task.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrk9EEuhthI