:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
vc_kamehameha

Record sound and add them in-game (San Andreas)

For recording, I'd recommend Audacity. It can not only be used to record Mic input but also Master output (anything that goes through the soundcard).

To add sounds in-game, it depends what you want and what game you want to mod.

For replacing sounds, there is a audio editor for SA - You might find tutorials on the web.

If not replacing sounds, you might need a CLEO script that triggers them - You might find tutorials on the web.

• Like 1

No.

Any filters applied to a track usually reduce the quality (subjectively) if you don't know what you're doing.

It just need to be exported (saved) in a format of your choice.

Wave (.wav) is probably what you want.

For mp3, the LAME plugin for Audacity is needed which you can get at Audacity's website.

I'm not sure if you need the ffmpeg plugins. Probably not.

It is very easy however, to cut off silent/redundant parts at the beginning/end of a recorded track.

Edited by uokka
  • Like 1

Not that I could give you a detailed how-to but you might first describe what exactly you want to achive.

While you already have Audacity and SAAT installed (?), do you still need instructions on how to use these?

Not that I could give you a detailed how-to but you might first describe what exactly you want to achive.

I want to record engine sounds from NFS.

While you already have Audacity and SAAT installed (?), do you still need instructions on how to use these?

Nope.

Instead of recording sound output using Audacity while NFS is running, you might be able to find modding tools for NFS (if available) to extract sounds from its game files.

That should result in better (original) quality.

You could still use Audacity to convert extracted audio files to Wave if needed.

Also you might need to edit extracted/recorded sounds to match the correct lenght/duration of the stock SA sounds you want to replace (at least that would make sense to me).

I can't help with telling you which files you would have to replace with SAAT.

--

@BTTFModMachine, @RobertBlox

since I know you guys have changed the DeLorean sounds, do you know if there is a config/'text' file in SA's directory that contains sound-ID's for vehicles? That would be easy..

And while we at it,

does anyone know how the vehicle engine sound of the Sparrow helicopter were changed to be car sounds in SA?

I never understood how that happened. I couldn't find related stuff in the cleo code - This topic makes me think it was done by the installer.

@BTTFModMachine, @RobertBlox

since I know you guys have changed the DeLorean sounds, do you know if there is a config/'text' file in SA's directory that contains sound-ID's for vehicles? That would be easy..

I use this:

http://pdescobar.home.comcast.net/~pdescobar/gta/saat/sfx_dir.html#GENRL

And while we at it,

does anyone know how the vehicle engine sound of the Sparrow helicopter were changed to be car sounds in SA?

I never understood how that happened. I couldn't find related stuff in the cleo code - This topic makes me think it was done by the installer.

Swipe from gtamodding:

San Andreas

Car

In vehicles.ide, this is the order of the entries of each car:
ID, ModelName, TxdName, Type, HandlingID, GameName, Anims, Class, Frequency, Flags, Comprules, WheelID, WheelScale_Front, WheelScale_Rear, Unknown_value

The GameName entry, highlighted in bold, is the value you are looking for. Change a vehicle's GameName to another vehicle's GameName, and the changed vehicle's radio, name, and engine sounds will change also.

Edited by BTTFModMachine
  • Like 1

Swipe from gtamodding:

San Andreas

Car

In vehicles.ide, this is the order of the entries of each car:
ID, ModelName, TxdName, Type, HandlingID, GameName, Anims, Class, Frequency, Flags, Comprules, WheelID, WheelScale_Front, WheelScale_Rear, Unknown_value

The GameName entry, highlighted in bold, is the value you are looking for. Change a vehicle's GameName to another vehicle's GameName, and the changed vehicle's radio, name, and engine sounds will change also.

Mystery solved.

Edited by vc_kamehameha

Nope.

In my vehicles.ide, GameName is SPARROW.

Checking Sparrows audio using SAAT (ID 98 according to the info from thte link, thanks) seems to be OK - definitely heli sounds.

Still my sparrow sounds like a car in-game..

Try increasin the loudness of your sounds using Audacity.

You can open both, the original SA sound and the one you want to be it replaced with, in Audacity and compare/edit the volume.

Then, before exporting, delete/deaktivate the SA track.