:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
RobertBlox

BTTF IV mod preview

I recently found a preview video which bttf92 uploaded a month ago on youtube.

Below is his preview for the BTTF: HV mod for GTA IV:

Nice work to all who have been involved in the process of creating this!

Edited by RobertBlox

Moved in the right section of the forum and changed a little the title! ;)

I dont like the Time travel effects.

They are the standards game effects, so they are not movie accurate.

And RobertBlox, in response to your comment in the video, yes I know about that extra parts can be used for the bands, it's just they don't have the same glowing effect of the corona.

• Like 1

And RobertBlox, in response to your comment in the video, yes I know about that extra parts can be used for the bands, it's just they don't have the same glowing effect of the corona.

Yes I know, Sorry. :doh: Anyway I like those Time Circuits and the Speedo. And the Delorean Model is ok. I think there is a smooth glich in Mr. Fusion. Furthermore, latter is a little big.I'm Really liking your job. Especially the Delorean's physics. :thumbup: I cant wait to Have it in Vice City Rage!!

Maybe you can use this Delorean: :P

2a7a9c4e3bd262764bcfd299315f9501o.jpg

Edited by Thyncho88

Nice to see you here, bttf92! :D

I figured you'd know about the extra parts already. :P Yeah, they don't have the same glowing effect of the coronas; however, this other modder who has made a very similar mod to yours used that instead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdJN1At0pKg

Of course, it's not as good in some ways, such as the GUIs, but I believe it is comparable in many aspects.

Here is another demonstration he posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eivTRx6cFM8

If you noticed, he also added a "frost" effect to his cars. Were you able to do this? I would suspect it would have to do with the dirt mapping texture.

Instead of the car using the regular dirt map, it would use a custom "ice" map in the .wtd.

EDIT: For those interested in this while we wait for the release of BTTF IV, Sersorroza (the modder) says that he will release his version very soon!

Edited by RobertBlox

I actually knew also of the frost effect that is possible, but never done a proper search on how do it. That glowing bands instead look very good, that guy is very capable, I like also the effects in the circuits on the hood of the RR DeLorean.

• Like 1

I actually knew also of the frost effect that is possible, but never done a proper search on how do it. That glowing bands instead look very good, that guy is very capable, I like also the effects in the circuits on the hood of the RR DeLorean.

I would think that the easiest way for the frost effects would be (again) to create a custom "ice" map texture in place of the dirt map texture, and map the car to that instead. Then, store the "ice" map inside the .wtd so it is local to the car only. ;)

After time travel, you can set the dirt level to "4" and decrease it to "3," "2," "1," and then back to clean.

The only other thing you would need to add is a little section of code that keeps the car clean every so often so it doesn't look frosted when it gets dirty. :P

Yeah. It's sorta been blown bud. I upload as "unlisted" to prevent such things usually.

• Like 1

Great video, bttf92! Love the BTTF3 RR delorean!

However, I think the pushing sequence was too long and the time travel sequence was too short.

Those time travel effects do look a little strange, but they're all right. :)

BTTFModMachine, on 01 Sept 2013 - 17:02, said:

However, I think the pushing sequence was too long and the time travel sequence was too short.

Those time travel effects do look a little strange, but they're all right. [:)]

Thats Serroza's mod.

BTTF92, Mike was hoping to keep it sort of a secret but I'm sure he's not too upset. :P

• Like 1

BTTF92, Mike was hoping to keep it sort of a secret but I'm sure he's not too upset. :P

Just as a side note, I found out about this while searching up DeLorean reference pics. :P

I came across a thumbnail of this image, which was apparently on a news site. It seems that a lot of people are hyped up about this mod ever since Seedyrom posted his "showcase" with everyone else's work, and are spreading bttf92's preview across the net on gaming sites.

BTTFModMachine, on 01 Sept 2013 - 17:02, said:

Those time travel effects do look a little strange, but they're all right. [ :)]

Thats Serroza's mod.

Well but I had said that I was going to upload it on the tube :doh:

Just as a side note, I found out about this while searching up DeLorean reference pics. :P

I came across a thumbnail of this image, which was apparently on a news site. It seems that a lot of people are hyped up about this mod ever since Seedyrom posted his "showcase" with everyone else's work, and are spreading bttf92's preview across the net on gaming sites.

That's why I uploaded the video. It was too long since the last one, I wanted to prove that the mod is still alive and there are a lot of people interested in it.

Actually bttf92 asked me if he could upload it for the reasons he has mentioned above, I said I was fine with it. I am more surprised that it's taken this long for someone to notice it and post it on here.
  • Like 1

I am more surprised that it's taken this long for someone to notice it and post it on here.

Well, it would have been helpful if it was posted as an official update in the Video gallery, the shoutbox, and/or in a topic when it was brand new. :P

After all, it's not like most of us are involved in the progress of these projects.

Edited by RobertBlox

Here's a little update on Sersorroza's mod.

He just uploaded the preview video for it, which will be released very soon!

You can also tell in this that he is using an extra part with a lightemissive texture for the coil glows. The reason why they look better than usual is because he has a modified Visualsettings.dat and or .xls file(s) that increase the intensity of lit objects.

[P.S. I know this should technically be a "merged post," but since this topic differs from the one in my previous comment, I believe it should be separate. :P ]

Well, it would have been helpful if it was posted as an official update in the Video gallery, the shoutbox, and/or in a topic when it was brand new. :P

After all, it's not like most of us are involved in the progress of these projects.

The plan is to post an update video incorporating all three mod's in the near future (VC/SA/IV).
  • Like 1

The plan is to post an update video incorporating all three mod's in the near future (VC/SA/IV).

Oooh, well that's pretty cool! :)

In case anyone like bttf92, Mike, Trance, or someone else from the mod team sees this:

I've been bugged about all of the credit Seedyrom has been getting for "creating" a BTTF mod.

I believe there is a good way to prevent this from happening again.

• Add a "credits" section of code to the BTTF IV script/dll

To elaborate what I mean by a "credits" section, I am referring to something such as this:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/back-to-liberty-city/videos/a-new-feature

The game will always begin with the the month, the day, and the year (as in the film); then, it would display a few credits immediately after displaying the dates!

For instance:

*Game starts*

*Text comes on screen:

Saturday

November 12, 1955

10:04 P.M.

*Text fades out and new text fades in:

Scripting by: bttf92

DMC Models by: Carlos85G
Model converting by: Dragon King

*Text fades again and new text fades in:

For more visit:
www.bttfhillvalley.co.uk

-----------------------

The date would not be that, of course. It would be based on what is coded. ;)

The same goes for the small credits I listed, which I just put as examples. I'm not 100% sure of all who were involved in the progress of this project, but I just typed that as an example.

Edited by RobertBlox

It's not that big deal. Look, they are all using my last public version of the script that I released years ago, when I was working alone, before joining officially in this team. They are just adding what is lacking in the script, like more effects, the flying deloean, etc.. And without the access to the main timetravel script, they can't do more than this. So we can't blame them, they are fans like us that want to create a mod of BTTF for GTA IV. Moreover seedyrom made only a video with all the various available mods regarding BTTF, if you look in the description box you will see the credits for each of it, and never released anything.

• Like 2

It's not that big deal. Look, they are all using my last public version of the script that I released years ago, when I was working alone, before joining officially in this team. They are just adding what is lacking in the script, like more effects, the flying deloean, etc.. And without the access to the main timetravel script, they can't do more than this. So we can't blame them, they are fans like us that want to create a mod of BTTF for GTA IV. Moreover seedyrom made only a video with all the various available mods regarding BTTF, if you look in the description box you will see the credits for each of it, and never released anything.

Okay, I understand. ;)

The only thing is, even though seedyrom lists the mods at the bottom, he still receives credit for the work in various articles and posts.

Some mods, like LCPD: FR and the Police Chase mod (by NeoMatrix) have little things like what I listed which pop-up when you start the game.

Nonetheless, I understand your explanation (as I stated earlier) and respect your decision! Thank you for reading my post, bttf92. :)

• Like 1