:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
archer9234

Diamond Select BTTF II DeLorean

Not sure if there was a thread on the Diamond Select DeLorean's. But I wanted to share some photos of mine I recently got. BTTF I (With Hook modifcation), BTTF 3 White Wall, and Rail Road are also avalible. Mr Fusion's top is removable. But I tested if it would fit bakc in the box with it on. It does. So It's safe to glue the top part onto the car.

th_P1010288.jpg th_P1010294.jpg th_P1010295.jpg th_P1010293.jpg th_P1010289.jpg th_P1010290.jpg th_P1010291.jpg th_P1010287.jpg th_P1010286.jpg th_P1010285.jpg th_P1010284.jpg th_P1010283.jpg

Pros:

- It's large. 13 inches long. And to scale with a 4 inch figurine.

- Lighting system is nice. Main time travel lights, front lights, dashboard, Time Circuits, Flux Capacitor, rear lights, and boosters all light up. Though bootsters are red instead of yellow.

- Tires are real rubber.

- Comes with all stock BTTF I SFX's and hover mode SFX's

- Trunk lid, and both gull wing doors open.

Cons:

- No lights always on mode.

- Mr Fusion doesn't open.

- All the DMC name brands aren't on the car. Fans have made decals to add these on.

- The rear deck is missing key details because the sound button is there.

- No stand to use for Hover Mode.

- Some details on the Dashboard like the 50's clock is missing.

- Cabling on the outside is all black.

- Turning signal lights are missing

- The different hue front light area wasn't done.

- SFX's have a pitch problem and sound slow.

That's a long list of cons...

Still, what kind of movie accuracy do you expect from a model car?

It's nice looking until you get into all the movie details.

It is a $50 toy. I'm fine with the lack of details. Except on the front lights and sound pitch problem.

Mine had a problem where the hover-conversion switch snapped off after a few weeks of being on display.

I didn't get a replacement because it was already the second one I purchased since the first was missing components.

So overall, I was never really pleased with the item, but it's a nice collector's piece. I'm going to wait for the Hotwheels 1:18 to come out.

Mine had a problem where the hover-conversion switch snapped off after a few weeks of being on display.

I didn't get a replacement because it was already the second one I purchased since the first was missing components.

So overall, I was never really pleased with the item, but it's a nice collector's piece. I'm going to wait for the Hotwheels 1:18 to come out.

I had that happen to mine as well. It's decent, but has the same inaccuracies that the Sunstar model has. Only real pro that the plastic model has over die cast is the doors stay open. You'd think they'd find some way by now to have them stay open at the right angle.