Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
BTTFModMachine

Back To The Future: San Andreas Modifications by BTTFModMachine

Good job.

It now looks more movie accurate when starting hover mode.

I have a modified version of Trance's change character model for SA script, modified of course by LoadGamePL.

It changes the player character to Marty automatically when the game starts. However, when the player eats or drinks or gets busted or wasted, CJ spawns again sideways with arms and legs all over the place. Is there something I could add to the script to fix this? Seems to work fine with skin selector.

:MYERS_18
wait 0 
if and
   Player.Defined($PLAYER_CHAR)
   Player.Controllable($PLAYER_CHAR)
jf @MYERS_43 

:MYERS_43
wait 500 
if 
   Player.Controllable($PLAYER_CHAR)
jf @MYERS_43 
09C7: change_player $PLAYER_CHAR model_to #HECK1 
Player.Build($PLAYER_CHAR)
jf @MYERS_84 

:MYERS_84
wait 500 
if 
jf @MYERS_84 
wait 1000 
jump @MYERS_18 

Can someone help me out with this?

Is this some kind of a coding trick?

wait 500 
if
jf @MYERS_84
wait 1000

--

Maybe this can be of any help:

Recreate The Player (by Deji)

00A0: store_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR position_to 0@ 1@ 2@
0172: 3@ = actor $PLAYER_ACTOR Z_angle
06DF: destroy_player $PLAYER_CHAR                       // also destroys $PLAYER_ACTOR - param can usually be replaced with 0
0053: $PLAYER_CHAR = create_player #NULL at 0@ 1@ 2@    // $PLAYER_CHAR will still contain 0 - as always
07AF: $PLAYER_GROUP = player $PLAYER_CHAR group         // unique to $PLAYER_ACTOR
01F5: $PLAYER_ACTOR = get_player_actor $PLAYER_CHAR     // prevent threads using $PLAYER_ACTOR from crashing the game
0972: put_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR at 0@ 1@ 2@ no_offset     // puts the player at the coords properly
0173: set_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR Z_angle_to 3@
Edited by uokka

Is this some kind of a coding trick?

How about a magic trick?

I'm gonna make this pencil, disappear.

Tadaaa! It's....it's gone...

... maybe it has been improved by google.

http://youtu.be/UfMGtEZqXzM

1:33 KITT flying :shock:

Edited by daangelo29
Shortened quote box.

Hey, can someone help me out with this coding problem?

I am trying to make the time train in SA, which replaces the bus COACH, to spawn on top of Doc's garage in SA with a time travel thread.

0000: NOP 
014B: $PARKED_CAR16 = init_car_generator #COACH color 1 1 force_spawn 1 alarm 0 door_lock 0 min_delay 0 max_delay 10000 at -2029.7457 125.0302 35.2487 angle 270.1453 
014C: set_parked_car_generator $PARKED_CAR16 cars_to_generate_to 101 
0AB4: 5@ = var 7 
00BF: 6@ = current_time_hours, 7@ = current_time_minutes 
6@ *= 100 
005A: 6@ += 7@ // (int) 
0A92: create_custom_thread "TIMETRAVEL_TRAIN.S" $PARKED_CAR16 0 2 5@ 6@ 5@ 6@ 0 0 0 0 -2029.7457 125.0302 35.2487 270.1453

:NONAME_52
wait 0 
jump @NONAME_52 

However, this makes the game crash on startup. If I remove the time travel thread lines, it works fine. Can someone tell me how to fix this?

replace $PARKED_CAR16 with a cleo variable (1@ or whatever). It's recommended to not add/change game variables.

IIRC, 'parking' a vehicle makes it also be saved in the savegame (and being handled by the game in some memory pool - maybe you're exeeding a limit). In case thats not your purpose, you might consider simply spawning it.

Thanks for these great updates BTTFModMachine so far. I haven't installed them yet (didn't have the time for it yet) but they look promising. At the moment I only have the clean game, the BTTFSA 0.1.3.2. and the latest source code gtasa_20101105 and the game runs perfectly. The time machine as well...

But I have a question since a lot of information is talked about in this topic. I don't know how to make your mod and updates work. Do I need to do it like this:

- Install the game

- Install BTTFSA 0.1.3.2.

- Install source code gtasa_20101105

- Install Delorean88MP's mod

- Install all of your updates that came out so far in that order (I can't see a download link for the 9/6/13, 10/10/13 and 12/22/13 update)

What do I have to do with the Crysis DeLorean's and when (and how) must I install those ?

Thanks for your help and keep going with this great mod !!

Regards,

Erik

In This Order:

- Install the game

- Install BTTFSA 0.1.3.2.

- Rename existing cleo folder to cleo_1

- Install Delorean88MP's mod

- Rename new cleo folder to cleo_old

- Install CLEO4: http://cleo.sannybuilder.com/cleo4/CLEO4_setup.exe

- Copy contents of cleo_old (files + sub-folders) into the new CLEO folder installed by CLEO 4.

- Install all of my updates that came out so far in order (No download for 9/6/13, 10/10/13 and 12/22/13...yet)

- Install Crysis deloreans by renaming the txds and dffs to car model names in GTA3.img, and then replace them with an IMG editor. The BTTF1 is #SUPERGT, BTTF2 is #BULLET, BTTF3 is #HOTKNIFE, and the BTTF3RR is #INFERNUS.

uokka's scripts make the game crash if CLEO 4 is not installed.

Well, that's it. Feel free to ask any questions you have.

Thnxsss a lot BTTFModMachine...I'll go and try that now. I only have three questions left.

1. In the archive from the Crysis_DeLorean Final is also a file that is called bttf2L.dff and bttf2L.txd. What are these files for, since you only mention the other 4 files. Are these for the flying bttf DeLorean ?

I also noticed that when I unpack the archive that a folder is coming with this mod witch is called Crysis Textures. So when I unpack the archive this is what is coming out:

bttf1.dff and bttf1.txd

bttf2.dff and bttf2.txd

bttf2L.dff and bttf2L.txd

bttf3.dff and bttf3.txd

bttf3rr.dff and bttf3rr.txd

A new folder called "Crysis Textures" with the same files

4 Pictures

A readme file wich is called "Readme [RUS]-(bttf-sg-mod.ucoz.ru)"

So wich ones must I use ?

2. Where must I place the countn2.ide and the countN2.IPL from the Peabody mod ?

3. Must I install the latest source code as well before installing Delorean88MP's mod ?

Also I hope that when the whole thing is installed, that I can still play the original story mode because (yeah I know it's a bloody shame) I never played the story mode until the very last mission because of all the installations and re-installations. You guys make great mods and I always loved Back to the Future, I even have a DeLorean Tattoo on my arm...

So thnxsss in advance, and I hope that the next updates will come out soon because they look beautifull !

Regards !

Edited by Darth-Sidious

That's right. BTTF2L is the hover delorean. For the textures, look closer. The "Crysis Textures" folder contains the actual crysis delorean color body made by Tirido (Darker). The other textures are lighter colored (and more accurate stainless steel looking). Choose which one you like better, and pair it up with it's corresponding dff. ;)

The only data necessary in the readme file is the vehicles.ide entries. Actually they are the last entries on the lines, so make sure you replace them correctly.

The Peabody farm map mod goes in the data/maps/country folder.

You don't have to install the latest source code. Delorean88MP's mod replaces the original mod files and my mods replace some of Delorean88MP's mod. :P

Since these are cleo mods, you can play the original story. :thumbs:

Good luck!

Well that didn't went very well...I did everything that you said in your reply, but I probably made a mistake somewhere. One error after the other...Could it be that I made a mistake with DeLorean88MP's mod ? You see when I installed it, everything in the San Andreas folder was overwritten, but I also noticed that along with the installation these folders came with it:

- odels folder

- leo folder

- ata folder

- ext folder

What should I do with the files inside those folders ? At first I installed them as well, but I don't know if it was the right thing to do. After that I installed the (Bandito) bananas and all of your mods. But the first error occured when I tried to timetravel with the bananas, also timetraveling with the normal Deloreans didn't went well...Most of the errors given where doors.s files and sparks.s among other errors as well. I'm gonna try it again tonight...and let you know what errors are coming up as well. Is it really necesarry to install those Crysis DeLoreans ? After all they are only for better textures I guess...

Thnxsss for the help man !

Regards,

Erik

I have the original GTA SA V.1.0....But maybe BTTFModMachine knows what's wrong :)

steam? i also have a steam version but is 3.1 then use the gta cracked!

can you give me the link to where you downloaded the mod and you tell me how did it a istall?

maybe i'm wrong something

thanks

No I bought the game on disc here in the Netherlands. I downloaded the mod from DeLorean88MP via the Youtube link that's in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdzKFdddFIk

Further, I installed the game from the DVD, then I installed Install BTTFSA 0.1.3.2 (without source codes) and then followed the steps that BTTFModMachine provided in his post...

But if there's a new (and/or better) version of DeLorean88MP's mod I would like to know...

Thnxsss !

This mod works with 1.0. I don't think it works with 3.1 or 1.1.

Well that didn't went very well...I did everything that you said in your reply, but I probably made a mistake somewhere. One error after the other...Could it be that I made a mistake with DeLorean88MP's mod ? You see when I installed it, everything in the San Andreas folder was overwritten, but I also noticed that along with the installation these folders came with it:

- odels folder

- leo folder

- ata folder

- ext folder

What should I do with the files inside those folders ? At first I installed them as well, but I don't know if it was the right thing to do. After that I installed the (Bandito) bananas and all of your mods. But the first error occured when I tried to timetravel with the bananas, also timetraveling with the normal Deloreans didn't went well...Most of the errors given where doors.s files and sparks.s among other errors as well. I'm gonna try it again tonight...and let you know what errors are coming up as well. Is it really necesarry to install those Crysis DeLoreans ? After all they are only for better textures I guess...

Thnxsss for the help man !

Regards,

Erik

Those folders you can leave alone. It is not necessary that you install the crysis deloreans. They just look nice.

Edited by BTTFModMachine

No I bought the game on disc here in the Netherlands. I downloaded the mod from DeLorean88MP via the Youtube link that's in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdzKFdddFIk

Further, I installed the game from the DVD, then I installed Install BTTFSA 0.1.3.2 (without source codes) and then followed the steps that BTTFModMachine provided in his post...

But if there's a new (and/or better) version of DeLorean88MP's mod I would like to know...

Thnxsss !

therefore must be istalled before the official mod 0.1.3.2?