:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed

Hello.

I was wondering, other than the dates in BTTF when there is a certain kind of weather, if there could be random weather patterns.

My weather frustrations in 0.2e:

• In April and July in it is raining all month.
  • In January, March, and December it is foggy all month.
  • Etc, etc, etc.

It just doesn't seem realistic to have one kind of weather all month.

Please take these suggestions into consideration.

See you in the future!

-BTTFModMachine

I remember back in the 0.2D days, Delorean88us set up the weather to be like that for an excuse to travel to different times. It was mainly decided by "seasons" and then the weather was set for important BTTF dates as well.

I remember the reason they didn't add random weather was not only the fact it would eat up code, but it also effected movie makers and low powered systems

It shouldn't be too bad, I'm sure you could set a "randomized" code to the weather patterns

It would be much better to use an algorithm as there would be consistent weather patterns across time. If you decide to go back it would be silly to have completely different weather than before.

It shouldn't be too bad, I'm sure you could set a "randomized" code to the weather patterns

Maybe. I'm not all too familiar with scm scripting...

@Neomatrix: that makes a lot of sense, but complex. I'll just have to see if I can do it.

I know it's an old thread but it's somewhat interesting. I guess I found the way to implement this, it just needs some tweaking i.e. avoid same weather conditions at the turn of each century ;)

edit: it will likely be part of the next update to my environment mod

Edited by 88miles

On 24/03/2013 at 6:05 PM, Neomatrix said:

It would be much better to use an algorithm as there would be consistent weather patterns across time. If you decide to go back it would be silly to have completely different weather than before.

butterfly effect