:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Neomatrix

Mobile BTTF:HV

Should be able to, I think I may have a way of making the deloreans work properly.

I can't even get into the game yet though it keeps crashing -.-

Just modified Trance's TellTale Marty to be more size accurate, MJ Fox is actually quite a short guy he's 5'4 so he's a midget xD

But we love him!

Anyway he was towering over almost all of the peds and his head didn't fit in the cars because his hair was sticking out the sides etc, even more proof he's too big.

I know he's 'cartoony' so he's gonna be more exaggerated but this is the best Marty model out there :P

But here he is in the Delorean with the size adjustments, he's 90% of his original size so it's not a huge difference but it works a lot better!

gdtnGw8.png?1

Yeah, sorry guys. I guess I made a big mistake when I only tested Tell Tale Marty with Tell Tale DeLorean and didn't retest after all the time had gone by since I first rigged it. :P Looks good though. Can't wait.

Yeah well I think you did a good job Trance because I only just realized that his feet don't touch the ground -.-

I'm not an expert at GTA Modelling stuffs so...

But my guess is that there's a defined size or something but I messed about with it and I can't get him to touch the ground :'(

Anyways I was messing around with models and wanted to make a railroad BTTF3 del with the wheels.

So I ported the ones from the high poly one and put it in the low poly one.

qMbZ14K.png

It works and looks ok however, for some reason in the PC version of Vice City this works absolutely fine and yeah.

In the mobile version the door animations do not work at all, he doesn't even register that there there.

He doesn't even open the door just sits in it, thinking about it as I'm writing it's possibly because it's replacing the baggage carrier.

Oh that makes sense -.- Sorry thinking as I'm typing lol

Basically it was really slow and obviously it's using the col from the baggage or something and it's not working because omg yeah I know now lol

Well lemme go fix this one xD

EDIT:This should fix Marty too!!!!!!!!

EDIT2: Well the doors work now, turns out it was the handling.cfg, I thought I copied it but it was probs from 0.2c when that car wasn't modded. As for marty, I can't even edit the peds.col file as the editor I have just won't take the file. If anyone else knows how to edit this file let me know!

Edited by Neomatrix

Right well doing the BTTF 3 Railroad got me thinking and I thought, why can't I just move stuff across and optimize it more.

I remember the fact that the Delorean base mesh is all the same so I can easily move stuff across.

Well I just started doing that and I believe I can make new Deloreans that are a mish mash of old and new that will be stable in the mobile environment.

I did a quick test of one and it turned out great, Mr Fusion doesn't open though but this is only a test to see if it works.

It is more stable than the full one as it is smaller but also has more eye candy than the original verison.

Here's some screenies.

2cMEbV2.jpg

Zy43L7z.jpg

• Like 1

Looks good. Marty's feet won't touch the ground because you imported him and exported him on a smaller scale. So it scales everything toward the center (his waist) That's a fine way to do it without rerigging it but to make his feet touch the ground reimport it and select the root bone and hit affect pivot only under the hierarchy tab and move it slightly below his waist. Not sure how far, you'll have to test. This works in SA so I don't see why it wont work here. Keep up the good work! And thanks!

• Like 1

This game is looking cool now guys

How much are you thinking about selling it for on the App Store if they let you then

This game is looking cool now guys

it's not a game, it's a mod...

How much are you thinking about selling it for on the App Store if they let you then

it won't be sold because this breaches the copyright law but it will require you to have gta vice city on your device because it copy's everything from it and changes it into the mod. He said at a earlier date.

Rockstar games would fine him if he sold it, they could also put him in jail for editing and reselling there work.

Edited by Doctor200004
  • Like 1

Yeah there's no way I would sell this haha xD

Complete violation of copyright :P

Also on the topic of copyright I'm gonna need to figure a way of actually packaging this up.

At the moment for iOS I'm thinking of the user supplying an ipa which is basically just a zip and then unpackage it do the modifications and then zip back up.

The only thing is it uses .pvr caches and it's gonna take a while for me to figure out how to modify those in a cmd kind of thing.

• Like 1

it's not a game, it's a mod... it won't be sold because this breaches the copyright law but it will require you to have gta vice city on your device because it copy's everything from it and changes it into the mod. He said at a earlier date.Rockstar games would fine him if he sold it, they could also put him in jail for editing and reselling there work.

yeah but you said earlier in this chat that you couldn't make it an addon you had to make it its own game

Yeah there's no way I would sell this haha xDComplete violation of copyright :P Also on the topic of copyright I'm gonna need to figure a way of actually packaging this up.At the moment for iOS I'm thinking of the user supplying an ipa which is basically just a zip and then unpackage it do the modifications and then zip back up.The only thing is it uses .pvr caches and it's gonna take a while for me to figure out how to modify those in a cmd kind of thing.

I know but your doing so hard I think you not stop until you get it out as a MOD there i said it doctor

I was only saying that but you would get some money if you did get to sell it eventually

Unless you have the download thing on you

yeah but you said earlier in this chat that you couldn't make it an addon you had to make it its own game

I know but your doing so hard I think you not stop until you get it out as a MOD there i said it doctor

No, he said he COULD give it its own game data made by rockstar and that is what he wants to do but it would take a while to make. I can tell already you have no idea what it's about, modding that is. Selling it as a new game would be a complete copyright issue unless universal pictures and rockstar games said its ok to be sold. Which wouldn't happen so it has to stay as a mod and be a add on to the game. It is legal to copy the game data, install the mod, make it have its own shortcut and stuff but it doesn't happen often on IOS or android which is why it's not seen much, it's legal because it copys it off the device and does it, it doesn't have the game data installed on it that it copy's. that would be giving you the game for free making it breach copyright laws. This is also why the mod team can't sell there work, more for universal pictures but still. As for your second post, all I have to say is, erm, ok? I was putting you right was all.

I was only saying that but you would get some money if you did get to sell it eventually

copyright issues... Never beable to sell...

Here is why: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_Act

Edited by Doctor200004

I could technically sell the work I've done but obviously there's no clear distinction as a lot of stuff as come from multiple places.

But I couldn't sell the whole game as I don't own the game.

Anyway lets not talk about this xD

This will be a free mod when it comes out eventually :P

Glad to see this going again.

I never understood why the GTA Back to the Future mods don't remove the original map and replace it with Hill Valley.

If this is done, it will be easier to make the map change in different time periods. Hill Valley isn't too big of a place. What you would do is have a Terrain map that is loaded there at all times. However all the buildings are different in different times. Its done by scripted map objects (kinda like how the buildings that get destroyed during the campaign work). Better yet, it would be nice to see someone figure out a way to get GTA to load and unload ipl's in game.

Mainly the Hill Valley maps don't replace Vice City is because I don't think it's big enough yet.

Also the latest release 0.2e doesn't have ped paths or vehicle paths so it would be empty and obviously quite boring :P

I'm not sure if I can port Hill Valley over to the Mobile version, I'm not particularly skilled with GTA Modding and I'm learning as I go along.

It won't be released straight away I just want basic functionality with this but I want that functionality to be complete 100% which is why I'm not releasing anything until it's finished.

I've been working on Marty and I cannot get him to work properly D:

I have done what Trance suggested but for some reason he seems to be off center and still won't touch the ground even though I move the root bone down under only affect pivot.

I'm doing more experimenting!

I can imagine R* does/did a lot of game play testing for their GTA maps so users can drive/jump/observe/shoot/die everywhere which couldn't be reproduced by just replacing the map with a 1:1 copy of a (obviously incomplete) movie scene environment. Exept the team would create a 'complete' Hill Valley world (that would be cool though).

Yeah but the mod team hasn't released something since 2008 xD

I remember when 0.2e came out I was so excited :P Also being like 12 at the time I thought it was so cool, still do now though :P

I think that Vice City has a s**tty engine for modding these days, this mod started years ago though so at the time the engine was a good idea.

However the other BTTF mod uses GTA 3 although they have done some pretty remarkable stuff with that.

As far as what I've done today I've pretty much finished the BTTF 2 Delorean along with Marty even though he's not 100% yet.

Both the BTTF1 and BTTF2 Deloreans are mega stable on my iPad and they don't cause any lag or anything like that, they the same level as the 0.2c dels.

The BTTF1 might need fixing with the OUTATIME license plate but I'm not gonna worry about that yet :P

Here's a screenie of marty with the BTTF1 Delorean though :P

qp50JuU.png

I'm obviously now going to start working on improving the BTTF3 & BTTF3 Railroad models now :P

When I'm done I'll put screenshots of each one up.

Edited by Neomatrix

Great thing you could make the Dels mega stable. Too bad TT Marty in GTA always looks like he wants to be on the toilet but thats not up to you of course.

I've pretty much finished BTTF 1,2 and 3 Deloreans now.

I just realized that the cables going along the deloreans to the boxes at the front of the delorean were missing and I've now moved those across.

I now have what I wanted which is high quality deloreans with stablilty!

I will add screenies soon!

Not for now, they're all quite high poly ones, and you know 0.2e is unstable on PC.

I doubt it would even work at all with all those cars xD

I might be able to decrease the quality on them but for now I'm not worrying about them.