Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Neomatrix

Mobile BTTF:HV

Exactly how close are you to releasing it for iOS devices
Give the guy a chance, it has been said millions of times, it's a hobby of his, he isn't part of the real team, he isn't payed for this (not that the team are as far as I know) and he does other stuff and has a life, if you keep on asking him ow long until he releases it then he might reconsider releasing it. Please for the love of god, stop asking. In other news, I'm back! Also; hope this is going well and that you haven't in counted any problems except the boosters one. Also hope you fixed it!

He has been inactive for quite some time. If he is still in school, I'd say give it to about the end of May/June. He may return then.
I'm in school and I'm on

So? Me too, but I also have exams, which take up a lot of my time.

So? Me too, but I also have exams, which take up a lot of my time.
as am I... England year 11, my final year at school

But still really, that you have time enough to do all things you want, and still have time left doesn't mean other people have.

But still really, that you have time enough to do all things you want, and still have time left doesn't mean other people have.
just saying, jeez Anyway, it's a hobby not paid for he will work on it when he wants

Since you and I both now that developing a mod takes up a lot of time, I now because I'm developing a mod myself. And since we can don't agree on one point do I thing we shut stop this not to get a topic that is more then 20 pages big with use just fighting :P

Since you and I both now that developing a mod takes up a lot of time, I now because I'm developing a mod myself. And since we can don't agree on one point do I thing we shut stop this not to get a topic that is more then 20 pages big with use just fighting :P
:P

So, any new news?

Yep funnily enough :D

Well I haven't been working on this for a bit as you guys can tell, I got bored a little as it takes a lot of trial and error to try and get stuff working.

The engine on iOS is quite unstable to modding which is no different from the PC version as it also crashes a lot.

Anyway I recently picked this up again and I'm just trying to piece together a working version of the game and package up so people can help me out for testing.

I managed to get the high poly vehicles to work on the mobile version by tweaking the way the garage works to load the models prior to spawning them.

However as soon as you try and do an instantaneous time travel on re-entry the game just crashes without fail but I'm not sure why this is, I've done at the airport with no other vehicles around and it always does it. I haven't pieced through the Time Travel code yet to see what goes on, maybe if Mike or someone could help me to understand what goes on in the re-entry.

The flying delorean works but the Mr Fusion and all that keeps moving like the blades, I changed the .col file for it so I'm not sure why thats happening?

However I have some problems as there aren't enough keys for things like thrust, I did change to the Hunter as the vehicle to be based on and that gave me extra keys however they are Missiles and shooting and I don't know a way of preventing it from doing that and just making them buttons that actually do nothing until I add the code. The thrust does actually work but obviously I don't want the thing to start shooting every where xD

Also I had a small problem trying to use iOS version 1.3 as the crashes seemed more frequent so that might need more testing as time goes on.

For now I'm just gonna keep tweaking things but it's pretty much working.

However this is going to be an on and off project as I do work on other things too :P

But if people could help out we should get a test version out for people to mess about with!

• Like 1

High Poly Delorean's working, these are completely unstable on my devices though.

uslbbgg.jpg

9Gqb7am.png

sj9GvkY.png

dsBfFMH.png

If anyone has an iPhone 5 or iPad 4 let me know because I'd like to test these high poly Delorean's on those devices as they have better CPUs and more RAM which may make them more stable.

Edited by Neomatrix

The iPod Touch 4G is an absolute no go, it can barely run the game without modding.

I managed to get it to run once, and I couldn't even change the direction I was walking in...

The iPhone 4 may fair better due to it's higher RAM but I doubt that will work any better...

Anyway I managed to get a familiar face working on here, thanks to someone who ported him from the Tell Tale Game ^.^

Rnmak8C.png

As well as the HD Font shown here, it looks so much better!

eW4y1Du.jpg

Edited by Neomatrix

I don't believe it is, I got it from GTAGarage.com but it may have been Trance's uploaded under a different name?

EDIT: My bad it is, it said right on there xD

Edited by Neomatrix

I've experimented with the high poly deloreans and it seems to be that it crashes on instantaneous when going to a different time of day.

Like if I go from 12pm to 12am it crashes but going from 12pm to 12pm is fine.

I'm not sure what causes this, I can only think that the strain of the high poly model as well as changing the time etc is putting it under stress.

Edited by Neomatrix

And now we will enjoy the beautiful sunset over Vice City...CRASH! :P

Sorry. Couldn't resist. :rotfl:

Well, which HV deloreans are you talking about? Were you originally using the deloreans from the early versions of BTTF:HV?

Edited by BTTFModMachine

Haha, that's exactly how it goes though xD

I've become so used to crashing now, it happens more time than the damn thing even works.

But that's because every time I change something it crashes, if I leave it it's fairly stable :P

Well it's the one's from 0.2e that look really good that I want to use as they look good, but yeah for some reason they cause crashes, they are like 2.6mb+ so I reckon it's the size/polygons causing the instability. Also the ones from early versions from 0.2a - 0.2c work well, however they just aren't as good as the one's released later on.

I imported the 0.2e models into 3ds max and optimized them a little to cut down on the polys and got the file smaller and that works, but the texture maps are missing so I'm trying to figure out how to get the textures working on 3DS now xD

I will keep my work updated on here :P