:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Neomatrix

Mobile BTTF:HV

You can not access the raw file system on an apple device without jailbreaking.

I have an Ipad 2 without a jailbreak, And i don't want to di it for my apple device! How can i play this game without a jailbreak???

Please help me, because i really like bttf:hv on PC!

You should jailbreak. With out a jailbreak, you can only do what Apple allows you. Hence the name jailbreak.

Not to be rude or anything but does anyone know when this game is actually going to come out now

;)

Edited by Deloreanowner

Well I haven't had much time recently to work on it.

The flying DeLorean is a bit of a problem although I think I could release it without thrusters for now.

The supported devices is on the opening post.

Any A5 iOS Devices and up are supported.

Therefore iPhone 4, 3GS and iPod Touch 4G is not supported but might work.

Yes, Vice City is known to be unstable on those devices and crash without any modding.

With higher poly models the devices just can't cut it.

I tried a 818KB Delorean Model on the iPod Touch 4G, just that car and it would crash every time without fail.

Where as on an A5 device like iPad 2 it will only crash if it is nearer 2mb in size, this is due to the graphics improvements the A5 brought with it.

But those devices are on the way out, especially the almost 4 year old 3GS and 3 year old iPhone 4.

Most people will be replacing these devices in the next 1 to 2 years so here's another reason to upgrade :D

They have released Vice City 1.3 for iOS which apparently improves performance but I doubt it would fix crashing issues but just lower the detail of Vice City so the older devices can handle it.

I don't think this mod will properly work for these old devices as they use models directly from GTA3.img whereas I will be modding them in veh_high.img which is what A5+ uses.

So to even attempt to get it working you would have to manually install the models yourself.

The SCM will probably work but without the cars it would be kinda pointless :P

Yes, for sure.

I had to use low poly cars from 0.2a/b as the high poly cars caused to many crashes.

I got the BTTF1 from 0.2e working however travelling through time would cause a random crash and when using the low poly model that didn't happen.

Unless someone can edit the cars to be lower poly they won't ever be available at least not for a few years until the mobile processors are fast enough to deal with it.

The A6 might cope, but I don't have a device which has an A6 processor in so if someone does it would be cool if they could test :P

I think people think that there is a limit on the size of the dff file but I have had a 2.8mb dff running on my iPad 2 decently.

I think it's just when the poly count is too high it causes instability just like on the PC version which is why 0.2e crashes more than previous versions.

I am told the engine is almost exactly the same on both devices.

The controls will be an added extra for example, however everything else underneath will be the same.

yes so when is it then im dying to know when it comes out now cause i bet all the others who check on this forum are literly wetting them selves to when this game comes out for the ios

Edited by Deloreanowner

If you want to pay Neo to work on it then I'm sure it would be done quicker. No? Just wait then, it's a hobby and is worked on as and when he has time.

yes so when is it then im dying to know when it comes out now cause i bet all the others who check on this forum are literly wetting them selves to when this game comes out for the ios

Me, not so much. I'm more interested in the programming aspect of this mod.

ok but could you please anyway

You're missing the point. And if you read the whole thread you'd see where he said he estimated times but never specifically said. That's the point of a hobby. It's unscheduled.

@Deloreanowner.

Please stop pestering for a release date, there are other people on this site who would just love for this mod to be complete tomorrow but asking the same question over and over and not really picking up on the hints to stop asking is really quite rude.

These guys do all the work in their spare time FOR FREE and if they're anything like me then the last thing they want or need after a hard days work is to come home to start their hobby and have someone pester them for a deadline.

I'm going to be honest and say i have done sweet F.A in regards to any of the BTTF mods, whether it be for VC, SA, GTA3 or even GTA IV. All i've done is downloaded, installed and played. It annoys me that i cant do anything to contribute but i know for sure that the one thing that doesnt contribute to anything is pestering.

So please dont ask when is a release date happening, or state what has been said in the past and that the alloted time has passed, the iOS version will be released when good and ready, in the meantime we have the windows versions of the BTTF GTA mods to keep ourselves busy.

Thats more than enough for me :)

• Like 1

You can not access the raw file system on an apple device without jailbreaking.

I mange it with software, can do anything with it.

i read that bit but it is nearly april thats a whole month

Do you know how long the mod for PC took? A month for a conversion like this is usually normal, it's got a lot less buttons and cars from it need converting, spend less time nagging about it not being out yet and more time helping him if you can.

Sorry for double post, on my iPod.

Edited by Doctor200004

So so sorry guys for hurrying you along it's just that I have no experience in modding and stuff like that and thought that it would be a short wait for this game to come out :(

Oh by the way just asking is this game when it comes out will it be a 18 rated one or not rated because I would like to know and if possible could you take the language out please so I could play it