Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Neomatrix

Mobile BTTF:HV

Still haven't figured out these models yet :3

It's so annoying, I have no idea how to use the 3DS Max Tools, I have the mesh but I don't know how to edit materials :L

Some of us know. What do you need to do?

Well I linked a model up there, basically the textures aren't working properly and I have no idea why.

I've experimented with quite a few things and I think it's just the way the model is setup.

I have tried decompiling it but I can't see how to compile it again and setup the texture mapping.

I'm not that experienced with 3D modelling, as well as modelling or editing for GTA III :P

I improved the logo, I think it's looking almost finished.

I will end up making an icon when I package it all up :D

logoyxl.png

Edited by Neomatrix

Hey, I'm wondering if I could test this. I'm on a iPod Touch 5g.

But I'm wondering why the cars are not working. Someone on GTAForums got one of the GTA IV vehicles to work on the mobile and they are about the same quality as the BTTF HV ones.

Edited by nkjellman

Hey, I'm wondering if I could test this. I'm on a iPod Touch 5g.

But I'm wondering why the cars are not working. Someone on GTAForums got one of the GTA IV vehicles to work on the mobile and they are about the same quality as the BTTF HV ones.

Difference being he converted the delorean and knows what he is doing, i am trying to get it working.

Well I linked a model up there, basically the textures aren't working properly and I have no idea why.

I've experimented with quite a few things and I think it's just the way the model is setup.

I have tried decompiling it but I can't see how to compile it again and setup the texture mapping.

I'm not that experienced with 3D modelling, as well as modelling or editing for GTA III :P

I improved the logo, I think it's looking almost finished.

I will end up making an icon when I package it all up :D

logoyxl.png

Awesome Logo!

Its official... My iPod touch hates me...

The gta3 file i got out of it won't open with any tool I try to open it with... error is "Read beyond the end of file" what ever that means...

Help?

Hmmm that's strange are you using IMG Tool 2.0?

http://www.thegtaplace.com/downloads/f552-img-tool-2-0

Also what are you using to transfer the file?

I personally use iFunbox.

It may be that the file hasn't transferred properly.

Also this is probably why, you must also copy gta3.img and gta3.dir and have them in the same directory before attempting to open the img.

I've managed to find a way of creating a whole new app for BTTF:HV Mobile.

My method of installation will be to copy the gtavc.app from the iDevice and then run the installer on it.

A pre-made empty IPA will be made so you can dump the .app file in there and install to the device.

This method allows us to keep GTA:Vice City without deleting or modifying the files of the game.

Instead we are copying Vice City and modding it and then creating and installing a new app.

Here is an image of the icon on my iPad (There are gloss effects but those will be gone)

HcNjdrS.png

EDIT:

Updated new icon

http://i.imgur.com/bm4j6Pm.jpg

Edited by Neomatrix
  • Like 1

Yeah but it's like so stock, also gloss makes stuff look really dated now lol xD

Noise is a good effect to use, it adds mood to the colour as well as varying it a little.

Also just plain colours, no gradients or gloss can look good.

Mike has said to me that he will help with creating an installer which is good :P

I have also got the Deloreans models actually working now with all the textures.

Turns out it was a case problem, the TXD had it with BTTF in caps and the model had it with bttf in lowercase.

I don't know why it took me so long to figure out but it's all working now.

I will add some screenshots soon.

Going to be working on getting hover mode working :D

Here is a screenshot from my iPhone of the Delorean finally working!

eIukFV4.png

Also doing some testing on iPod Touch 4th Gen see how it fairs on the older A4 devices.

Bad news :L I think A4 devices are out of the question because the iPod Touch 4G I have isn't even able to render the 818kb Delorean (Not BTTF) without a crash every time.

I think this is only going to work on Devices iPad 2+ and iPhone 4S+ and iPod Touch 5G

Edited by Neomatrix

Sweet progress on this man. Can't wait for it. The screenies look so crisp.

Hmmm that's strange are you using IMG Tool 2.0?

http://www.thegtaplace.com/downloads/f552-img-tool-2-0

Also what are you using to transfer the file?

I personally use iFunbox.

It may be that the file hasn't transferred properly.

Also this is probably why, you must also copy gta3.img and gta3.dir and have them in the same directory before attempting to open the img.

I will try re-extracting it before anything.

I've managed to find a way of creating a whole new app for BTTF:HV Mobile.

My method of installation will be to copy the gtavc.app from the iDevice and then run the installer on it.

A pre-made empty IPA will be made so you can dump the .app file in there and install to the device.

This method allows us to keep GTA:Vice City without deleting or modifying the files of the game.

Instead we are copying Vice City and modding it and then creating and installing a new app.

Here is an image of the icon on my iPad (There are gloss effects but those will be gone)

HcNjdrS.png

EDIT:

Updated new icon

http://i.imgur.com/bm4j6Pm.jpg

Amazing... Can't wait for you to release it and I get my iPad/new iPod.

Are you able to install the wheel mod so that the DeLorean's have their proper wheels?

• Like 1

I've looked into that. I put nowheel.dff in the files and referenced it in the default.dat I think but made no difference. It's possible someone has figured that one out already, I will look it up later :P

• Like 1

Managed to get nowheel mod to work!

I was doing it wrong haha xD

nowheel.dff just needs to be in the root directory of the game files on iOS.

But here's a picture of the BTTF3 DeLorean with the classic 50's tyres ;P

FDUjUJY.png

• Like 2

So many great updates, and so much great work!

It would be awesome if we could somehow duplicate the shading and reflections into the PC version of VC. :P

I hope its out in apirl, its looking really good, good progress dude!

One question, have you fixed the texture?

Edited by Doctor200004

On my way to getting sounds working.

The Mission Complete sound wasn't playing along with a load of the other ones that are outside of the sfx.RAW file.

Turns out it works by deleting the original mp3 from iOSFile.zip and dumping the new mp3 in the games root directory.

I love the mission complete sound too :P

The best bit of the overture :D

Not much else to do really, just getting the flying delorean to work which should be fairly easy and shrinking things down.

Cool, when this is released it will be awesome :good:

Sounds are now working fully!

My solution worked, with putting sounds in the root directory :P

It's perfect for the time travel sequence and DeLorean.

The game isn't and I don't think will ever be 100% stable, it is a mod and like the PC version does crash sometimes.

While it doesn't crash all that much it does sometimes and it can be slightly annoying :P

I'm looking to release this sometime this month if all goes to plan.

It will be a completely seperate app so you can still play normal Vice City.

The installer will hopefully download stuff as it goes and install the files into an IPA or installer package.

The installer package can then be used to install onto a jailbroken i-Device with AppSync installed.

If you have Installous or AppCake then you will be able to install the ipa but you must provide the installer with the game files.

Obviously I encourage you buy the game because it's so cheap but if you pirate it there won't be a difference.

• Like 1