:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Neomatrix

Mobile BTTF:HV

I'm quite familiar with IOS amd jailbreaking, plus I know the mods file layout. I thought of doing this myself but never actually tried. I can't wait for SA IOS. That will unleash loads of possibilities even if not BTTF.

Yeah I also know quite a bit about iOS and OS X. For installing i could do it through a debian package but I would have to get the system to copy the game app.

As far as android goes I don't have any Android devices so someone else would have to make a apk for this.

I think SA for iOS is coming, maybe next year because they like doing the 10 year thing. Hopefully then the devices will be more capable of the higher quality textures and models.

I would figger out how to do it on android but I can't install it.

The radio changes backwards and forwards doesn't it?

Gta San Andreas came out (google says) June 6 2005 so I guess it would come out on iOS 2015! back to the future promised us flying cars....

(According to answers.yahoo.com it came out October 29 2004)

Edited by Doctor200004

because it gta sa ready to Mobile in 2014.
because has 10 years of ready Mobile.

because it gta sa ready to Mobile in 2014.

because has 10 years of ready Mobile.

I belive he means, it is out in 2014 because it has been 10 years since it was made.

I should of known, i have played vice city and san andreas on PS2 since they came out, i only started on the computer when i started getting into coding and when i found out there was a bttf mod i thought that i would learn how to code and do my own versions!

GTA San Andreas on Mobile would be awesome and if someone makes a cleo type thing for the mobile thing that would be so much better because then the bttf mod already created for it would work, who knows what would happen.

Yeah also SA has better graphics overall so hopefully it will cope with those higher poly models :P

Also Doctor you said you had an iPod Touch 4G, I don't know how well the mod will work with that because I know there have been instability problems with that device just with normal Vice City.

I say that because my iPhone 4S seems to randomly crash when starting a game or just after, I also have an iPad 2 and that doesn't do it as much as my iPhone.

Whether it's just because the 4S is a little bit worse than the iPad 2 I dunno but either way it seems to not have a nice time with it.

I have an iPod Touch 4G myself but it's a repair one but I will try this mod on it eventually.

At the moment I have been getting to know SCM coding and it's quite easy and I'm fairly used to the structures of it now so I'm just going to start developing extra bits and modifying bits so that it will work better in a phone environment.

So far I have made the "Delorean Garage" (The one at sunshine autos) so that it converts a normal Delorean into a Time Machine Delorean.

You don't need to press any keys at the moment and it just takes a few seconds for it to make it.

My idea for making the other TM's is to use the seperate save garages at Sunshine Auto's so that each one gives you a different car.

Also one problem I have with things so far is saving, whenever loading a saved game it always results in a crash, whether it's to do with missions I don't know but I'm going to see if the PC version has the same outcome.

Making a Delorean is complete, you just simply park the Delorean in the Garage and you get a BTTF1 Time Machine.

The Libyans also work and the spinning license plate too!

I am working on getting sound to work now, it seems fairly easy to import sounds however again it will be hard to make this automatic on a phone.

Just took a look at the 0.2e scm and I've figured out what was making it lag and it was a train thread.

I knew that there would be something that was using all of the resources and making it lag.

I tried turning some threads off and when I turn the train thread off it works perfectly!

I think the mobile release will be a 0.2e version :P

Just took a look at the 0.2e scm and I've figured out what was making it lag and it was a train thread.

I knew that there would be something that was using all of the resources and making it lag.

I tried turning some threads off and when I turn the train thread off it works perfectly!

I think the mobile release will be a 0.2e version :P

Awesome!

I might be getting a iPad mini or iPad touch 5th gen so i don't really care about that, anyway, the vice city is very unstable but so was the III so i will just wait for the new device i get.

Right, I've pretty much finished the Time Circuits, you can now change the date via the Horn + Direction keys

Horn + Right Moves the selector

Horn + Left Changes the number/date

The tutorial is almost done, at least the first bit, I also have a way of getting the garage to work in a way similar to the way we're used to!

Right, I've pretty much finished the Time Circuits, you can now change the date via the Horn + Direction keys

Horn + Right Moves the selector

Horn + Left Changes the number/date

The tutorial is almost done, at least the first bit, I also have a way of getting the garage to work in a way similar to the way we're used to!

:jawdrop::laughing2: awesome dude, keep up the good work.

Have you kept the horn?

Will you be releasing it as a installer or just a totorial? Will you release anything like codes (with permission) or not?

Edited by Doctor200004

Well I will be releasing a tutorial on how to install it, but I will make an installer.

It will require just copying the files for the game off the device, then running the installer to the copied version and copying it back on.

I can't do installation on the device as the files need to be modified and I don't want to break any copyright laws :3

But I have everything working now.

0.2e and all the features pretty much.

Instant Time Travel works, setting time circuits, even the ride mission.

I am working on getting sounds to work better and testing and trying different models :P

Well I will be releasing a tutorial on how to install it, but I will make an installer.

It will require just copying the files for the game off the device, then running the installer to the copied version and copying it back on.

I can't do installation on the device as the files need to be modified and I don't want to break any copyright laws :3

But I have everything working now.

0.2e and all the features pretty much.

Instant Time Travel works, setting time circuits, even the ride mission.

I am working on getting sounds to work better and testing and trying different models :P

Awesome :D

The BTTF 1 Vehicle works with mobile now, I just tried it to fix a bug but it's only the BTTF 1 that it works with.
All of the other higher poly models cause a crash :3

I've been trying to solve an issue with textures on the Delorean, for some reason the textures aren't rendering on the vents and in the general back area, as well as the cables along the sides and partially bits inside the car.
I have pin pointed the problem to a certain texture which is called "BTTF Parts", I extract it from the original TXD and import into the texture cache but anything I try keeps giving me no textures in the areas I said. If anyone knows why this is happening I'd love to know :P
In other words, Help! :D

Here is a picture of the thing I've been describing
http://i.imgur.com/yjR4aEz.jpg

Also here are pictures of the BTTF 1 Vehicle in game.
9wvivtt.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/IvKvF

Edited by Neomatrix
  • Like 1

The BTTF 1 Vehicle works with mobile now, I just tried it to fix a bug but it's only the BTTF 1 that it works with.

All of the other higher poly models cause a crash :3

I've been trying to solve an issue with textures on the Delorean, for some reason the textures aren't rendering on the vents and in the general back area, as well as the cables along the sides and partially bits inside the car.

I have pin pointed the problem to a certain texture which is called "BTTF Parts", I extract it from the original TXD and import into the texture cache but anything I try keeps giving me no textures in the areas I said. If anyone knows why this is happening I'd love to know :P

In other words, Help! :D

Here is a picture of the thing I've been describing

http://i.imgur.com/yjR4aEz.jpg

Also here are pictures of the BTTF 1 Vehicle in game.

9wvivtt.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/IvKvF

Send me the model i will have a look and run it on my ipod, see if it works.

Also, when i can, i will see if a bttf 2-3 delorean from the older versions work too.

Here is the model, I have an iPod Touch 4G myself, although it's kinda broken (it's a WIP lol) I tried VC on it and it's real bad lol.

It's sooo laggy, I don't know how well this mod will work even even at all :3

However I think more people will be buying newer devices so soon it won't be a problem.

My iPhone 4S and iPad 2 run it perfectly :D

Here is the link:http://goo.gl/aDctC

By the way the tools are in there.

For the model you will have to import into veh_high.img and gta3.img and delete the current model in there, leave the .col.

For textures copy all the files with gta3hi and gta3img before the . and open the .txt file and import the .txd file.

Do that for both files copy it all across and it should work.

I would make a backup off all modified files before you do this just in case something goes wrong and you probably don't want to have to download again :P

That's a really good delorean for mobile graphics! I'd love to see it in action, but I don't have a good enough device to try it out.

By the way, what kind of installer are you making?

The reason I'm asking is because I'd like to look into computer programming for mobile.

Just stumbled upon this mod, and I must say... GREAT WORK! :)

@RobertBlox Thanks! :P I've spent a lot of time trying to get stuff to work, I'm not really that experienced with modding GTA so I'm learning as I go along :)

@BTTFModMachine

The Model is ok, but it's not the best one, the ones from later releases are too high poly for the game, whenever I try them it results in a crash every time.

I will make a video once I've finished getting the models to work properly, for some reason a certain texture refuses to render on the Deloreans and they all use it.

I think I'm getting somewhere with it but it's one of those problems that no one else has ever had and it makes no sense xD

As for programming for mobile I can take that two ways.

In terms of GTA, SCM is exactly the same as the PC version, there are a few more opcodes but that's it.

The code running on this is pretty much 0.2e's main.scm, except a few modifications to make it mobile friendly.

In terms of mobile development, I don't know too much about that and if I know anything about it, it's only in terms of iOS, that's just the platform I use personally :P

I would like to get an Android device in the future, but I like my current phone :P

• Like 1

@RobertBlox Thanks! :P I've spent a lot of time trying to get stuff to work, I'm not really that experienced with modding GTA so I'm learning as I go along :)

@BTTFModMachine

The Model is ok, but it's not the best one, the ones from later releases are too high poly for the game, whenever I try them it results in a crash every time.

I will make a video once I've finished getting the models to work properly, for some reason a certain texture refuses to render on the Deloreans and they all use it.

I think I'm getting somewhere with it but it's one of those problems that no one else has ever had and it makes no sense xD

As for programming for mobile I can take that two ways.

In terms of GTA, SCM is exactly the same as the PC version, there are a few more opcodes but that's it.

The code running on this is pretty much 0.2e's main.scm, except a few modifications to make it mobile friendly.

In terms of mobile development, I don't know too much about that and if I know anything about it, it's only in terms of iOS, that's just the platform I use personally :P

I would like to get an Android device in the future, but I like my current phone :P

I am looking at the models now!

@Rob, long time no see mate, how have ya been?

[EDIT] Acording to my txdworkshop the BTTF parts have there texture... I'm wondering if they wrap around the car wrong because it seems to be doing something wrong...

Edited by Doctor200004
  • Like 1

Ok :P

It's real weird, the texture format of mobile is so messed up.

I'm taking a look at PowerVR tools, they might be able to compress the images into a format that works.

I'm looking into this because I tried to change the player texture and it replaced it with a delorean one, makes no sense.

When I deleted the texture it's now just white...

When I look at other textures using TXDf**ker they're either PVR 2bpp or PVR 4bpp which is compression, I can try to compress images using PVRUtilities :P

Edited by Neomatrix

Here is the model, I have an iPod Touch 4G myself, although it's kinda broken (it's a WIP lol) I tried VC on it and it's real bad lol.

It's sooo laggy, I don't know how well this mod will work even even at all :3

However I think more people will be buying newer devices so soon it won't be a problem.

My iPhone 4S and iPad 2 run it perfectly :D

Here is the link:http://goo.gl/aDctC

By the way the tools are in there.

For the model you will have to import into veh_high.img and gta3.img and delete the current model in there, leave the .col.

For textures copy all the files with gta3hi and gta3img before the . and open the .txt file and import the .txd file.

Do that for both files copy it all across and it should work.

I would make a backup off all modified files before you do this just in case something goes wrong and you probably don't want to have to download again :P

Ya.

Ok :P

It's real weird, the texture format of mobile is so messed up.

It might be taking the textures from the wrong places... i will try it on my ipod in a few and if it does the same on my ipod as on you ipad i think i have it figgered out...

Yeah, that's what I thought because it uses offsets in the .dat file that are stored in the .txt but I have no idea why it would be doing that.

I thought it might be still in memory and because it's already loaded there's no point reloading the memory.

But a restart would solve that and it doesn't :3

Anyway I'm not working on it anymore tonight, let me know how you get on ^.^

Yeah, that's what I thought because it uses offsets in the .dat file that are stored in the .txt but I have no idea why it would be doing that.

I thought it might be still in memory and because it's already loaded there's no point reloading the memory.

But a restart would solve that and it doesn't :3

Anyway I'm not working on it anymore tonight, let me know how you get on ^.^

When trying to open the GTA3.img file it says "Read beyond the end of file"

I will have a look at it tomorrow...

Edited by Doctor200004

this is impressive I myself have yet to toy with gta3 or vc on my tablet....