:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Evilraptor

BTTF SA Mod Compatibility and Uninstallation

Ok I'll start off by saying that I have a heavily modded SA, from there on, it's fairly understandable that the SA mod may not work due to conflicts, etc etc.

Once I'd realised that having so many mods was unwise, I chose to uninstall the BTTF mod for SA, which, clean as a whistle, it did, the uninstaller wiped BTTF off the map and restored my backups.

However, what I hadn't counted on was the fact that it got rid of ALL my cleo mods, every one of them. I had a few in there that I'd made myself, and had backups, guess where? In the cleo folder, renamed *.BACKUP or something similar.

So I'm basicly here to say that the uninstaller shouldn't just nuke-delete the cleo folder but rather just delete relevant files. Who doesn't have cleo installed anyway? It got rid of enough files that I had to redownload Cleo just to get my game running.

I'm just glad that the cleos that I downloaded had backups. Too bad I lost all my personally made content. -_-

Just a request to fix this issue.

You should have ALL your installs on a separate hard drive. I have 20 different SA installs on an external. No installing and uninstalling, no one single install. If you lost your own content without backing it up after installing a mod, that's a super noob move on your part. Sure we'll take it under advisement but you know I have no sympathy at all for you. Loosing data seems to be a habit of yours.

• Like 1

I agree to both of you. Usually I don't trust installers and prefer to install and create backups manually. But who would have guessed it deletes all cleos. A un/installer should be noob proof otherwise it doesn't make much sense.

• Like 1