:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
RobertBlox

Vice City - Trails

The following is written to the Mod Team:
------

Hello BTTF Hill Valley Mod Team,

I recall that in the last update, 0.2e, the exe was edited in order to have the "Trails" option available for players. Though it looked nice, it would never save its setting with the game!

I've been looking up a mod for quite some time now that would allow you to have trails without editing the exe, and I found it!

This is just a simple .asi file that goes in the Game's root directory. I've tested it, and can prove that it works with 0.2e. :)

Another nice thing about this add-on is that it actually SAVES your settings!

So without further to do, here is the mod:

www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=535831

------

Here are some screenshots in regular VC:

Before:

90ba3873805d73485d1aba0ac538cffb.jpg

After:

adb7d88bee9e6729112606334712d94c.jpg

tmbvc1ux4.jpg

pic4nw.jpg

pic3fo.jpg

------

Best regards,

- RobertBlox

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note, this may also interest you. This is a corona fix for the headlights and tailights of Vice City and III vehicles. To be brief, it gets rid of the problem with the coronas being stretched out immensely when viewing the car from the front or rear.

I highly suggest this, however, it requires VC CLEO, which I tried with HV 0.2e and could not get it to work.

If you're interested, view it here:

www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=524716

Edited by RobertBlox

Aside from making you feel totally wasted whats the point of this if I may ask? I think VC with ENB looks better.

• Like 1

What's the point (besides the one at the end of my nose)?

There is no other point. For me, it is totally a waste if I'm trying to use it with the mod. I don't play any other version of VC.

VC Cleo does not work with the mod. I asked Mike the same question and he said no. It's disappointing but true.

Yep, already stated that. Have a look at the end of my post. :P

Aside from making you feel totally wasted whats the point of this if I may ask? I think VC with ENB looks better.

Don't worry, I don't feel totally wasted. However, this is a great option for those who don't want to spend countless hours on a stubborn config file, and for those who have less strong computers (which makes up most of this mod's downloaders). Besides, the trails feature is already in HV, so this would just make things simpler. If you want it, great!... If not, fine then.

I was seriously curious about it's function. A graphic mod only?

I was seriously curious about it's function. A graphic mod only?

Pretty much... :P

As said on Wiki:

"Trails is a visual effect that adds motion blur, enhances particle effects, and adds an orange glow to the atmosphere."

I think Trance is Right, ENB looks much better and, come on, be realistic, Now everyone have a good computer,

not technically a glow but a filter of colour over direct x

That, Trails add a nice effect, but that filter color makes it horrible.

RobertBlox:

I read the end of your post. I actually wanted the corona glow fix too! That's all I basically wanted from CLEO. Interesting...

Edited by BTTFModMachine
  • Like 1

BTTFModMachine:

RobertBlox:

I read the end of your post. I actually wanted the corona glow fix too! That's all I basically wanted from CLEO. Interesting...

I know that, BTTFModMachine. :P

But you said:

VC Cleo does not work with the mod. I asked Mike the same question and he said no. It's disappointing but true.

So I was just telling you that it was a reiteration of what I said. :good:

------

Thynco88:

I think Trance is Right, ENB looks much better and, come on, be realistic, Now everyone have a good computer,

That, Trails add a nice effect, but that filter color makes it horrible.

ENB does look better, yes... Until you get to trying to configure that annoying bloom effect. :shifty:

As for Trails, the filter color isn't actually that bad. It only has an overall affect in the afternoon. And besides, people have GTA SA, which is majorly yellow, and they don't complain! :rotfl:

Lastly, there are still many that don't have good computers. Hence, all of the videos we get of the mod with lagging effects. :dribble2:

------

Leaf:

You are right with your statement, but I was only quoting Wiki. :P

not technically a glow but a filter of colour over direct x

Edited by RobertBlox

It was not our intention to get the trails effect that made us replace the executable. What we needed was limit adjustments for instance increasing the amount of models the game can load.

It was not our intention to get the trails effect that made us replace the executable. What we needed was limit adjustments for instance increasing the amount of models the game can load.

Okay, thanks Mini-Me. :)

And don't worry, I was aware of the fact that you edited the limit adjustments. This was just a proposal if you and the mod team wanted to consider using this (of course, after getting permission).

you can do all of this by making a script hook (ASI) they are pretty easy to make.

How does this corona script work in ASI? Isn't an ASI just a dll renamed? How do you convert .cs to .asi?

Edited by BTTFModMachine

technically yes but no its another format of dll you cant just rename a dll to asi and hope for the best, it has to be compiled that way

Sign in to follow this