Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Luke Brynycz

Delorean Time Machine Hire

Hi guys,

I just thought i'd introduce myself as I thought a few of you fellow BTTF fans may be interested in this. I have recently taken delivery of my dream car.

See you in the future.....or in the past! :whistle:;)

Edited by Luke Brynycz

Wow, this sounds pretty cool! :D

Could you post some pictures on this topic of your car? :)

Cool idea. But only post pictures if your car is very accurate. Otherwise these piranhas will rip you a new one haha.

wheel neons look cheap replace with yellow kthnx bai on the other hand neons would look better on the flux coils instead of led strips

Edited by ~Leaf~

As leaf said, replace the wheel lights with the movie accurate yellow. I don't recall the Torin blower and dash boxes being lit in the film, I assume Bruce has added that for "effect"? If you put some LED bulbs in the door lights, you could leave them on without fear of rinsing the battery - http://www.delorean.eu/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=159003&osCsid=9d584d52afd07dd6210ca63386205c09

Also, if you want to give yours an edge over Steves, you may want to investigate replacing the EL wire on the coils with LED neon, an example of which can be seen here: http://www.therpf.com/f9/my-latest-bttf-delorean-build-92008/

If you speak to Bruce regularly, you may want to pass these details onto him:

Alfa Romeo
Grigio Antares Stromboli Met.
Code 651A

That's as close as possible to an exact colour match for the front and rear fascia's, I don't know what colour code Bruce used on the fascia's here, but it's way too dark.

• Like 1

All points taken on board. I personally like the darker fascias now that I have seen them in person. As with everything, personal preference I guess but thanks for the paint code, it's great that you shared this with the community. They aren't perfect, but then again why would a car built in Docs garage BE perfect?

The LED neon system looks quite cool, perhaps the only point I may investigate in the future but for now, i'm going to enjoy the car given the fact that I've only recently taken delivery of it.

The 'edge' over Steves car comment is confusing to say the least.. Now of course everyone takes preference over their own belongings, it's human..but the positives here massively outweigh the negatives with regards to fan pleasing features. It can be controlled wirelessly, has a ton of sound clips including quotes and theme tunes. It also has a full time travel mode when the car reaches 88, where the flux bands and flux capacitor light up whilst playing the time travelling sounds from external speakers. It has an excellent fog machine and rear vent lights also. Steves private and public insults of my 'las vegas style' and 'inaccurate' car along with constant downtalking of the other few time machines in the UK, provide great entertainment for his evergrowing, long list of skeptics.

Each and every BTTF car has its flaws, heck, the original cars had the rear bulkhead removed. Who on gods earth would want that living in the UK? :laughing2: Some have genuine neon.. a nice chunky tyre in front of you and 2 minutes later, crack.. along with the prop battery forever on charge, no thank you ;)

I can say with certainty that 95% of fans would take the above long list of features over lighter fascias and some minor details that only us hardcore nuts would ever notice.

Edited by Luke Brynycz
  • Like 1

i'm not a hard core nut i just know that the colors are wrong
Anyyyyyyyway. It was posted for you guys to enjoy, hope it generally did. Cracking job on the mod! I actually live close to Rockstar in Leeds and will be popping along with it in the new year. If you would like me to pass a message across feel free to drop me a pm. All the best for the new year guys, keep up the excellent work.

A bit of an update. I changed the underbody LEDs to green to simulate the landing lights when the car is in hover mode, along with the hover wheel LEDs soon to be changed to white. Cheers for the heads up Leaf, it was a great idea, but I was a bit too excited at the time to taken on board and positive criticism ;-)

And a nearly complete Marty outfit. Where is your cap?

• Like 2

Well I'll say it looks allot better, one thing I'd recommend is adding a potentiometer to the under body lights and turning it down a bit to add more of a faded light since the landing lights were very subtle