:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Mike

Bob Gale not impressed with Mattel's hoverboard replica

Ouch. I wasn't getting one anyways but Mattel really dropped the ball it sounds like.

sounds like people whine alot and should be happy that its atleast 90% accurate.

They're giving away 2 free ones on BTTF.com...

I don't know about you, but it would be nice to have one and the mini-version for an action figure for FREE.

I didn't understand what are the problems with this replica ... ? Everyone seems to be disappointed, can you tell me what's wrong with it ?

They're giving away 2 free ones on BTTF.com...

I don't know about you, but it would be nice to have one and the mini-version for an action figure for FREE.

you play with dolls?

you play with dolls?

No, but it's not bad to collect memorabilia. ;)

------

By the way... Where did dolls even come from?!?

I think the whole point is just what Gale states. Were it a $70 prop inaccuracies are acceptable but for $130 it should practically actually hover. Not to mention Matty put themselves at high standards with the amazing ghost trap.

I didn't understand what are the problems with this replica ... ? Everyone seems to be disappointed, can you tell me what's wrong with it ?

Simply put, instead of doing a replica of the "Hero" prop, the main one, Mattel "studied" all the various variations of the hoverboard props and took what they felt to be the best bit of each one. This is really disappointing considering just how much detail they put into the Ghostbusters props. It really sucks that Bob Gale had brought in HIS hoverboards from the film, and Mattel apparently just discounted it and went with what THEY felt would be a good "replica".

Honestly? I don't want a hoverboard that doesn't really hover anyways, and considering that there has YET to be a good toy of the freaking TIME MACHINE ANYWAYS(every version I have seen has had one problem or another as far as accuracy goes, and the Back to the Future 3 versions are the worst offenders), I think they did well at least getting the basic freakin shape right.

didn't they make a real hover board for the film?