Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
BTTFModMachine

BTTF Movie Imponderables

Hello!

I'd like to get answers for these following BTTF movie questions other than the answer, "It's for movie effect."

In BTTF 3, 1955 Doc and Marty discover the tombstone. Why did 1985 Doc not know about it later on? He himself knew it from the past?

In BTTF 2, Marty and Doc travel to 2015, and old Marty is still there. How can Marty travel to a future time and see himself when he's missing from the past?

In BTTF 1, in the Temporal Experiment # 1, the RC BTTF 1 Delorean increases speed while standing still. When Doc releases the brake, shouldn't the speedometer reset to 0 mph?

That's all for now.

-BTTFModMachine

Because the Doc in 1885 and the Doc in 1955 are two different Doc's from two different Timelines.

It's believed that Marty WOULD HAVE gone back to 1985 and thus grown up to be seen in 2015

I guess so.

i believe with the marty seeing himself what the movie makers were doing were reassuring the audience that marty does get back in time. and really marty seeing himself is just a propecy that marty will go back to 1985.

the last one i know the answer: the speedo measures the rpm of the universal joint and because the rear wheel tyres are spinning the speedo measures the speed as they would travel normal, and the fakt that the tyres are still spinning faster than car is it accelerate towards Marty and Doc its still measuring the speed from the universal joint.

the last one i know the answer: the speedo measures the rpm of the universal joint and because the rear wheel tyres are spinning the speedo measures the speed as they would travel normal, and the fakt that the tyres are still spinning faster than car is it accelerate towards Marty and Doc its still measuring the speed from the universal joint.

Interesting.

I'll just throw in that the angle drive for the speedometer on a DeLorean is on the n/s front wheel hub.

Interesting.

I'll just throw in that the angle drive for the speedometer on a DeLorean is on the n/s front wheel hub.

It is possible due to the modification of the car that it's using a different spot on the car for measuring speed.

like how to measure the speed in mid-air while in hover-mode.

Ah, the possibilities of why things happen in movies...

I can think of only ONE possibility.............................. THEY ARE MOVIES!!! If I wanted to remake BTTF where marty actually doesn't make it back to 1985 because a giant panda riding atop a Flying Unicorn that farts out rainbows and pukes up delectable gumdrops decided to land on top of marty and kill him.... that's what's gonna happen :P

They probably use pitot tubes.

Or GPS for speed measuring.

Edited by MK3424

Who knows what was "futuristic" for the film makers? The "flying" parts of the movie were done in a studio. Even now, close to 2015, there are no flying cars.

Who knows what was "futuristic" for the film makers? The "flying" parts of the movie were done in a studio. Even now, close to 2015, there are no flying cars.

There are some flying cars but they don't hover on magnets and they don't have the agility that the cars have in the movie

thats why they need rocket engines, although i suppose there is not real control like that.

Do you mean RCS thrusters?

They're used on the space shuttle. They just need to be more portable.

They can use compressed air (not the shuttle/Apollo ones)

Strato-Shoe:

If you click your heels compressed gas is released and propels you into the air.

This was a secret agent weapon made in a 1960's comedy spy show: Get Smart

If you only activate one of them, "Well, I imagine you’d drive your leg up through your head!" lol

Strato-Shoe:

If you click your heels compressed gas is released and propels you into the air.

This was a secret agent weapon made in a 1960's comedy spy show: Get Smart

If you only activate one of them, "Well, I imagine you’d drive your leg up through your head!" lol

or if you aim right super powered kick, 100% guarunteed to leave you with dust to replace your bones