:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
BTTFModMachine

Lightning Strike Randomness

Hi There!

I was wondering if the 0.2f scm code could have a random month, day, and year integer value generator when the delorean is struck by lightning. Like this command:

CYEAR = random_int 0000 to 9999

etc, etc, etc.

That would be interesting to experience.

That's all!

-BTTFModMachine

Edited by BTTFModMachine

sorry, but that'd mean that you could get struck by lightning while "flying down the skyway" in 2015 as well. and that's something the mod team wouldn't want to happen. so I don't think so.

I don't think he means that the DeLorean just randomly get struck, I think he means that when it does get struck that it sends you to some random date. Not just JAN 01 1885 ' 12:00, but anywhen all throughout the space-time continuum. Just like how the board's Destination Time changes every time a page is refreshed.

Yes the 0.2e code doesn't have a random generator to send you any-when when you are struck, but instead it sends you to your destination location indicated on the TC's. I want the random gen or something like it to be in 0.2f. I was wondering if I could get some intel on this subject.

Edited by BTTFModMachine

Well the lightning isn't what caused the Time Circuits to go all haywire. They were already set for January of 1885, so the bolt actually sent the DeLorean to when the Destination Time line read. It makes more sense for them to just leave it as it is.

Didn't Doc Say: Quote: "The lightning bolt that hit the delorean caused a gigawatt overload, which scrambled the time circuits, activated the flux capacitor, and sent me back to 1885"?

"Scrambled" is the key word.

Edited by BTTFModMachine

Yeah. But that was a script mistake. Because the Time Circuits where already broken and would revert to jan 01 1885. Scrambled the time circuits line should of been removed.

how about this solution: shoot at the TM with a gun until there's smoke coming out of the car's front.

That's when a green lamp appears above the TCs that says "ERR". when you NOW get struck by a lightning, you get sent to a random date as well as you get sent to one when you NOW TT normally (maybe even to the Nth dimension since we all still need to use 0.2e [as Mike told us several times there'll be no more Nth dimension in 0.2f]).

Edited by CJ O'Hummer

Sign in to follow this