:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
BTTFModMachine

0.2f Car Downgrader

Hello out there!

I was just wondering if you can add a car downgrader addon to 0.2f to replace most cars with VC cars. My game often freezes when I drive past a high poly car in 0.2e. In order to stop the freezing I need to get an upgraded video card that I don't want to buy, or somehow downgrade the 0.2f high poly cars. I know downgrading removes the total conversion option, but it's the best option for me.

That's all for now.

-BTTFModMachine

Couldn't you just back up the original .dff's and .txd's before you install 0.2f, then replace the new ones with the originals?

theortically could a addon with the higher poly cars be avaliable for 0.2f( not anything new just the current high poly cars) for people who want that?

or should i say the people whos systems can handle it.

People really shouldn't be using that of a old setup. Cards are cheap if you just buy some that are a year or 2 old.

Well, I am.

Here's my specs.

Dell Optiplex GX270

Processor: Pentium 4 2.79 GHz

Current Memory: 2046 MB

Hard Disk Capacity (total): 149GB

Video: 128 MB VRAM NVIDIA Geforce FX 5200

Operating System: Windows XP Professional 32-bit

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c

I don't feel like upgrading my machine, so downgrading might be helpful. I hope this clears up some misunderstandings.

Those specs are really horrible. My Laptop that cost $400 has better specs.

that's be honest, But Did you Think that the person doesn't have $400 to buy a New Laptop?

You can't have it both ways. It's a archaic PC that shouldn't be in use anymore for games. No matter how downgraded the car models are. That PC will still have crashing issues. Especially when the proper map is in place.

You can't have it both ways. It's a archaic PC that shouldn't be in use anymore for games. No matter how downgraded the car models are. That PC will still have crashing issues. Especially when the proper map is in place.

That's True, but, The secret here is not to have a good Computer, it is to Have a 1gb RAM and 512 mb of Video Card. Its just simple :) That isn't a good computer, but it can run normally GTA VICE CITY

My PC was found with many others discarded in a dissolved company a long time back. This one was tested and started working 2-3 years ago with the right parts. The parts have been upgraded since. It's what works for me. Oh, and I can't just back up the dffs and txds because the vehicles.col file, default.ide, and the carcols.dat needs to be fixed, too. The last time I tried that it crashed.

Edited by BTTFModMachine

Sign in to follow this