:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
BTTFModMachine

Particle Explosions Mod

This is a new particle mod made by me. I copied many parts of this explosion from the BTTF Part II Movie itself. You can see it in this video. Please excuse my driving and the lag.

I am only releasing the explosions because everything else didn't originate from me. The wormhole was part of a snapshot of Carlos McFly's BTTF: The Game Wormhole Animations video and the fire trails were part of another mod posted by DMC88ELB.

Here's the old download:

http://goo.gl/ucLMD

The directions are in a text file in the download.

Good Luck!

-BTTFModMachine

Edited by BTTFModMachine
  • Like 1

Ver nicely done! The particle looks more like it's from the movie.

If anyone thinks they can do better, here's how I did it. In the scene in BTTF: Part II where they travel back to 1955 from alternate 1985, there is an explosion scene:

2j6qrr.jpg

The diagram is self explanatory. However, some of the middle explosions didn't present editable because they were too big. I had to edit the colors of stock HV explosions in order for them to work with the captured ones. For most of the explosions, you have to load BTTF into a player that takes snapshots and has frame-by-frame progression. I use VLC Media Player.

That's it!

Hope this post explains the process enough!

-BTTFModMachine

Nice job, but I already did this a while back. :P

Have a look:

Video Link

I also did this using the same exact scene you did! lol

Check out this one from an earlier version of my mod:

Video Link

Edited by RobertBlox

No problem BTTFModMachine...

And don't worry, you didn't copy my work. ;)

As they say:

"Great minds think alike"

The new video looks pretty good!

The only thing that bothers me a little are the explosion effects... They seem a bit cut-off because of the screenshots from the movie at the top of each particle.

I fixed this in mine by blurring the edge and/or using a paintbrush to make a custom edge, then blurring it.

Overall though, I like it! It reminds me very much of my old work in VC... Too bad I haven't worked on it in a while, I'm waiting until the 0.2f release before I do anymore. :P

• Like 1

I remember waiting to death for someone to make this back then. It's a dream come true, I guess. xD

In a somewhat related rote, I've made my own version of the implosion particle for the San Andreas version of the mod as well, along with a couple more mods I wanted to share before. I still have them, and could share them if you guys are interested. :)

yep.