:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
RobertBlox

BTTF SA Mod

Can someone help me? when i want to time travel my game crashes.

Most people have that problem because of the gta.dat file...

Check on youtube for another one for that mod... That's all I can really say. :|

gta.dat from this edits only differ from the original by the following entry wich has been added (same if using SA mini-mod).

IDE DATA\MAPS\animation\animation.IDE

What is the difference to the one that can be found somewere on YouTube?

I'm not sure, but some people have edited something (most likely having to do with the animations, or an extra line) in the .dat file to make it work for other users.

I cannot say that I would know as of now... :mellow:

Wow, I finally got it to work and I must say this is actually a lot cooler than I though it would be. My only gripe is I'd like to see the Time Train.

How did you fix the doors error?

Also, when I get into the BTTF 1 delorean after converting in the garage, i access the pause menu or teleport to a location in the car, and my delorean dies. The speed gradually drops to 0 mph and I can't drive. After that, when I type in something on the time circuits and press enter, nothing happens. What's going on?

Edit: I now reinstalled it, and it crashes in mid-load. Now what?

Edited by BTTFModMachine

First of all sorry for bumping this old topic, but if someone knows where else I can put errors or bugs for the SA bttf mini-mod please let me know....

Here's the situation:

I have installed the latest version and my game keeps on freezing...I have the mod installed on a clean GTA San Andreas version. If I install just the mod the game freezes when CJ get's out of the barbershop from old Reese in the mission "Ryder".

When I install the mod and the latest source-code the game also freezes or closes down at that moment...

In the error report it says most of the time that the last file loaded before the game closes down is in the audiostream, the door.s or the spark.s. It also said a few times that the error lies within the player.img, but I don't see anything in the player.img overwritten when the mod is installed...

Please help, and I hope that a new version gets released together or before the release of 0.2f...

Thnxsss in advance guys !

The "Last file loaded" isn't necessarily the file thats causing the issue. In fact, it mostly never is.

I was just reading on GTAF about project 2dfx, where guys increase certain model/map draw distance stuff. People there have as well reported crashes on leaving interiors (or rather entering back the real map).

SALA (used in the bttf mod - d3d9.dll) is pretty buggy thus 'might' be causing those crashes.

2dfx, which is a collection of mods, also includes an alternate limit adjuster. I'm not sure if it supports the same hacks but might be worth a try to get rid of SALA and use "limit_adjuster_gta3vcsa.asi" (yep, supports all three games).

Additionally, you might want to update to Silent's ASI loader.

• Like 1

Ok thnxss for this advice Uokka, I'll go and try that if it's needed. I have something strange that happened before I need to try your advice...

I installed a new and clean version of GTA SA

Then I installed CLEO3 Basics

Then I removed the cleo-folder

Then I installed the BTTF SA mod from this website

Then I installed the latest source-code

Played the game, and now the Ryder-mission works ? After the haircut I come out of the barbershop and the game continues. Could the solution be that I now first installed Cleo into my San Andreas folder ? Was that needed to make it work ? If it is, it was my mistake all the time. I just go and see if the rest of the game functions as well...

If I need help again I'll let you know ;)

b.t.w. just to make sure, I already downloaded the files that you mentioned in your post :)

Edited by Darth-Sidious

I found out about that too...When I installed KITT from the GTA_KnightRider_0.2b_R2_Setup.1 mod KITT's scanner worked. But when I transform (not animated) to SPM the scanner didn't work. This will only work with VehicleSpecialAbilities.asi and VSAConfig...So I install CLEO 4 for it. Because the scanner in SPM worked under CLEO 4.

By the way I found out that there was another cleo file that caused the error to, I don't know if anybody of you guys ever heard of a towning script for cleo ? When I have these files in my cleo-folder the game crashed after leaving the barber-shop. So I think this was the bug.

Thnxsss guys !

darth-sidious?

Is that the same guy ,who's done some excellent modding for kotor 2?

I've just been playing kotor 2 with quite a few mods loaded :)

The new cleo 4 has a option to rename cleo 3 mods ,so they might work in compatibilty mode,i think.

You have to rename it to something like *.cs3.

so that cleo 4 recognizes it as a cleo 3 mod.

You can invesigate a bit more to find the correct info.

Edited by chubbychops

The .cs3 extension is only needed for scripts that make use of 0A9A: opcode.

It's used in scripts written for CLEO 3 which have to read external files (.ini, .dat, etc).

I have this thread bookmarked in my browser,so everytime i open it ,i see RobertBlox talking about this improved mini-mod he found.

I release it's a bit old now and also the link he posted for it is dead.

But does anyone know what it was and if it's still available somewhere?

It just niggles me,everytime i open the page.

Edited by chubbychops