Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
~Leaf~

Leaf's open letter.

It's about time someone posts this. I am the leader of the Back to the Future: Liberty City Team, and I'd like to make an open letter to the fans of both BTTF:LC and BTTF:HV , as I cannot speak for hill valley I strongly believe they feel the same on the subject.

We don't mind that some of you may dislike our mod, and we don't mind that some of you may like it as well but going as far as bashing the Team members and fans saying what game is better without any real reason is really immature and doesn't make you look cool.

We've all heard your reasons before.

Hill Valley came first,

Liberty City has better effects.

Hill Valley has Brand new DeLorean's and a train

Liberty city doesn't crash as much.

the list goes on. however we aren't saying its bad to have an opinion, but we are saying you shouldn't blindly state that opinion just because you think you may be right. just because you are right doesn't mean you should be c**ky or rude or make mean comments to hard working individuals. remember, the teams are making this game for free for the public, you are only playing the game. you aren't actually putting any effort into the mods or positive feedback, I've seen the kinds of criticism people make here. its very rude and juvenile , people seem to not care what they say they think its constructive criticism but its really just saying how bad something is with no way of fixing the situation just because you don't like it. I'm not saying you all are bad people, you are a bunch of great fans not only to the games but to the movies as well but maybe once in a while stop to think, "will this make one of the team members on a game feel bad about what I am about to say?" or "Do I really need to say this?"

This isn't a rant we all love you but we really would appreciate that you don't feel like this is a competition, we are just two teams working for the same cause in two different ways, nothing more, nothing less. Thank you for your time.

-~Leaf~

I feel it is nessesary for me to respond as well, and share my thoughts on this issue. I am not afraid to admit in person or anywhere else that it actually kinda is depressing to have your work bashed into the ground. I will explain myself as best as possible (not that anyone really cares to hear my story, but I hope it will mean something to someone out there) I joined the LC:mod team in the very early stages. To be completely honest it was a struggle to mess with III at the very beggining. We wanted to do something that was deemed impossible (a functioning time travel script) and if that was at all possible we would continue on the mod. Well it worked out and leaf expanded the capabilities of III to unimaginable lengths. NOW, I decided I would go ahead and basically state these points about myself as honest as possible. 1. I cannot compete with Liam. From heresay liam has an advanced knowledge of architecture that goes over my head, Even if I were to try to model a building as detailed as his......I am not a very good building texture artist. I highly respect his achievements and could only hope to be half as good as he is, This takes a long time to learn due to the fact I refuse to use another artist work as reference, sure I have analyzed various models of (vehicles etc) from different sources here and there. , but I have opted to find out the details by doing my own research when creating and finalizing my own work, whether Liam knows it or not, I respect him... although I never really held a chat with him. 2. I cannot compete with Carlos85g, Carlos85g is another story. He has done this(gta modding) for a WHILE. The reason I say carlos85g is "another story" is because I actually have had the pleasure to chat with carlos (good guy) . Now get this. I was 12 when Vice city came out in 2002, It was roughly 2003-2004 before I discovered that Gta modding even existed. carlos sometime during that period (or a little after if my memory serves me right) already knew How to Make/modify cars. At that point in time I couldnt even figure out how to correctly add .dff and .txd files to the image :P talk about a head start! :lol: The reason for this background story is to state this... Yes carlos's models are better than mine (crysis car is not mine btw, only the edited ii,iii, and rr parts, not taking credit for base car) he deserves recognition, same with Liam, I just wanted to state that I am not competing against anyone, ... I am doing this on my spare time for fun as a hobby, not getting anything out of it... just hoping people will enjoy our mod, and If they do not then that is cool too. To end this note I will also say I am against bashing anyones work, especially if they tried. Anyways Hope this clears some stuff up, have a good day at work/school.. what ever you do, just do your best at it.

exelent Leaf, as always. I'd, to say my opinions, but I can't because, my English not let me.

But,

I want to congratulate both teams, you are doing the best you can, we all have lives and I respect that. And there is no doubt that you are great people.

Thyncho88 ;)

Thank you, we just wanted to clarify that we do not dislike the Hill Valley, we are not in competition (at least not to me) We want people to appreciate both if possible.. and If they do not then that's cool... just not to bash either mod because nobody likes for their work to be insulted. We appreciate your input.. thanks

Good points Leaf.

Though I myself feel more loyal to BTTF: HV than LC, I do not agree with all of these disputes over which is better... It's just absurd!

It would be great though, if we could have a link between the two - Models, code, etc being shared between the two mods in order to benefit the both.

However, I doubt this happening soon...

see we would but we feel that as two different teams we dont want something to happen if someone got in a disagreement and someone wanted to pull out, it'd cause both games to be rendered useless

Yep, that's exactly what I was thinking. :P

I agree with pretty much everything Rave and Brandon wrote in the initial two posts of this topic.

see we would but we feel that as two different teams we dont want something to happen if someone got in a disagreement and someone wanted to pull out, it'd cause both games to be rendered useless
^^ That is pretty much the only reason preventing us from working together.

Thanks mike. :)

Edited by chico688

Glad to see we're all getting along and all is well with this time line again lololol :) honestly, I'm just happy to be involved with this awesome modding community in some way, no matter which mod it's for!

-Sean "McFly" of BTTF LC

-Sean "McFly" of BTTF LC

Wait a minute... Wait a minute, uh... Torque, are you telling me that you are voicing a guy named Sean McFly for BTTF: LC?...

Or is that just your name? :lol:

Lolol XD it's just my nickname now XD because apparently my friends think I'm Marty in real life hahaha XD, so my friends just started calling me "McFly"!

Oh, that makes sense! :P