:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Polo423

GTA IV BTTF Mod

How can one guy get so famous for making a video showcasing someone's work that pretty much displays what others have posted before on the internet?... :o

SeedyOne is just a fanboy though. He's not any of us (to my knowledge).

Edited by RobertBlox

That, or they did not read the video's description. SeedyOne clearly said in the video's description that all of these are not originally his. These are just a few BTTF mods all put together and tweaked a bit to his liking.

He won't. It says in the video's description (again) that the code was a beta of bttf92it's BTTF mod that bttf92it gave Seedy. He told Seedy not to release it, so he didn't. Same for the other mods. What he did is linked every mod, along with the name of the one who made/converted the mod (I see Dragon King's name in it), and gave simple instructions for those who are interested in trying these mods a try... in the video's description.

Again, Greg Miller didn't read the description before writing this article. He was probably too amazed with the mods that he immediately made an article about them and gave Seedy all of the credit. It seems a lot of YouTubers have this disease of not reading video descriptions before commenting. :P

Yup that's my mod (I mean only the code part). It is the last public beta version that I released 2 or more years ago. I told him not to publish the download link because that version is very buggy, although can still be found in some gta mods sites.

I PM'd SeedyOne about the IGN article, and here's his reply:

Yeah, it seems no matter how much big bold text you put in there someone always skips over it and prints whatever they want. I just shot him an email and youtube message over at "gameovergreggy" about it. No guarantee they'll listen but it's worth a shot.

Thanks again for being a core part of the inspiration. Loved the VC stuff!

Dunno if he thanked me or the team on that last part, but whatever. Really, this is just another fan of BTTF and the mod who made a well-done showcase video of the BTTF mods and received credit he wasn't asking for.

Well, I guess this is all a tangled mess! lol

Maybe youtube should make a pop-up window with the video's description so people don't skip it anymore. :lol:

EDIT:

@bttf92 - Just wondering, I know you said that the public version of the time travel mod would be the last, but are there plans to release another version in the future? :P

Edited by RobertBlox

@bttf92 - Just wondering, I know you said that the public version of the time travel mod would be the last, but are there plans to release another version in the future? :P
Using an answer of the Magic 8-Ball: "Signs point to yes".

Using an answer of the Magic 8-Ball: "Signs point to yes".

Wow, that sounds great! :D

I've also had problems with your last public version where it would crash upon hitting 88... Even after a re-install of GTA IV.

If you decide not to make another public one though, it's fine with me. :P