Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
RobertBlox

BTTF Sunstar models

I was just looking at some of the Sunstar models and noticed something quite disturbing. Did you notice that some molds of the BTTF models had the rear wire going up into the deck (as it should be)?

It seems that as time passed, they changed the mold such that the wire wraps around the fender (which is incorrect). It also looks like they made various paint changes over time.

Have a look:

wallpaper_aiwa_p07_delorean_500.jpg

bttf-group-1BSITE.jpg

118_BTTF3_Retro_12.jpg

24014_2-Back-to-The-Future3-Delorean-143-Sunstar.jpg

Edited by RobertBlox

I just wish that they improved the prior version by adding more details...

If they kept the paint, such as on the capacitors, and the correct wiring (etc) then I might be more persuaded to buy them. :|

Edited by RobertBlox

Huh, that's weird. I have the Sunstar Oxnard D and it has the wire wrapping around the fender. I didn't even know they did it right the first time.

Huh, that's weird. I have the Sunstar Oxnard D and it has the wire wrapping around the fender. I didn't even know they did it right the first time.

I know what you mean, it's crazy!

This guy in the video below was lucky to get one with the right wiring:

Yeah, the Sunstars are good for that scale, but not the best, and it doesn't help that the Diamond Select car used the Sunstar as the basis. They may deny that, but you can't look at the two and say that they're not very similar.

I expected too much from the Diamond select models...

I would have to say that the worst one (detail wise) is the BTTF 1... <_<

As well, the plutonium chamber on the rear of the BTTF1 DeLorean is wrong ... There are some mistakes but I think that this models are still awesome :D

The models are nice, Microman, however I still wouldn't want to buy them because of all of the incorrect details... ._.

Sign in to follow this