Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
delorean52

A progress update on October 26; bttf29's models

Greetings to the members of the forum of this fantastic mod! I suppose one could say that I am new here, although I have been scourging this forum for quite some time, attempting to find some form of a trace of the future. Anyway, for a brief introduction, I have been watching the Back to the Future trilogy since the age of four, and have watched each movie at least 8 times on VHS. So I've basically always been quite a fan of the movies. My apologies for dragging the point, as I know it's rather frustrating. Anyway, for my first question, I have observed that there may not have been a simple clear progress update on the game for quite some time, and I was merely wondering if the administrators could post some form of an update on the mod on October 26. Nothing like pictures or videos, as I know that those are rather time consuming to produce, and that much of your work may not be quite ready. However, I believe that a simple status update by one of the administrators, i.e. delorean88us or Mike, would certainly raise more interest within the mod again. Do not construe my request as asking when it will be done, as I understand that many personal troubles could rise, in effect halting the production of the mod. I am certainly not rushing anyone, for I would honestly wait another 15 years for 0.2f. However, a simple progress update on October 26 will certainly renew interest in the mod.

For my second question (Again I apologize for creating two topics; I strive for a more unified post), I was wandering about the forums, attempting to come across some form of a hint that would indicate a replacement for that rather crude, ungainly current player model when I came across I believe a former member of the mod team who had produced a rather excellent player model of Marty McFly - one that did not make one lead to the conclusion that Biff Tanen had successfully run over Marty on his skateboard. Now I am not insulting the creator of the skin for Marty as I understand that the model of Tommy Vercetti is ill suited to be anything akin to Marty McFly. In fact, as a skin, it is quite well made. However, it is not quite right.

For those of you who by now are yawning over a cup of steaming coffee, my apologies. I realize that my post has been rather long and perhaps lacking in structure. To the mod team, I wish to thank you for this great mod, and to everyone, I would like to thank for reading this "essay".

Hi first off welcome! Youll find they don't like new people here! Or the fact anyone asking of updates to the mod not being nasty my friend just i think there has been one too many you know! Have you seen this?

You have to admit since 0.2b shall we say theyve come along way just give them there dues if you get bored mod it yourself i have more than once!!

To answer your question, for update pictures please see below (these aren't here as a result of your post, I did mention in the shoutbox last week that I would get around to posting some update images). With regards to a video, I plan on recording a new video once the 1955 town square is complete.

Regarding the models that bttf92 made, unfortunately we were never able to get them working in game, they were just too high poly - he also emigrated some years ago and since then we have lost contact, so I'm afraid for the moment we are stuck with the tommy "Marty" skin, unless someone has a better alternative which we could look at using.

Youll find they don't like new people here!

Who are the "they" you are referring to? We have no issue we new members...

Please excuse the crudity of this update, I didn't have time to build it to scale or to paint it.

Credit as always to LGisby for his excellent model work, and to Dragon King for rigging them for use in GTA and placement in game.

gta-vc-2012-07-19-23-43-06-.jpg

gta-vc-2012-07-19-23-44-35-.jpg

gta-vc-2012-07-19-23-45-03-.jpg

gta-vc-2012-07-19-23-45-53-.jpg

gta-vc-2012-07-19-23-46-30-.jpg

gta-vc-2012-07-19-23-48-04-.jpg

GREAT!! EXELLENT!!!! :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

A question, The buildings have collision?

Edited by Thyncho88

Yes, the buildings all have collision - it's the reason you can't escape from a building if you happen to do something like this

Ok! Great! My congratulations to Lgisby And DK!

Edited by Thyncho88

Wow. I am simply at a loss for words. It's simply amazing the amount of details that LGisby uses for the buildings. He puts the same kind of detail on buildings that most people usually reserve for modeling cars! Simply beautiful. And I must say that the positioning of the buildings and everything are just perfect. I simply must congratulate LGisby and Dragon King for such great work. It also makes me wonder how the fourth road behind the clock tower will look, seeing as how it was never seen in the movies. I'm certain it will look just as great though. Anyway, it's too bad that bttf29's work. Although perhaps maybe someone like Trancelikestate could release a 1986 Marty or something. Anyway, just great work. I do have another question, and sorry if it's a bit too early to ask, but is it possible to add pre-rendered cutscenes in place of the real time cutscenes in GTA? Because if you could, maybe you could bypass all the stress of animating and use something like Antics3D, which looks quite similar to renderware. Any, sorry if I should have posted a new topic on that. I'm kind of new to the concept of the forum.

Anyway, thank you all for responding, I didn't think I would see pictures. I'm sure once those are in gallery maybe more people would gain some hope and excitement instead of just moping.

Excellent work! There's just one thing, did you guys purposely make the sidewalk darker than the street? or is that just temporary?

Please excuse the crudity of this update, I didn't have time to build it to scale or to paint it.

Firstly i have seen it written more than once about noobs and telling them to shut up about asking for updates!

Second i am gobsmacked by the shots its going to be something to be proud of...

So i guess i could retact the said comment and the first statement.

Apologies team.

I try not to get as annoyed by it anymore (it helps that I'm not here as much these day's), and to be fair I don't think any of the team has posted an annoyed response to a newbie for a long long time.

Not sure about the sidewalks, but I believe the street texture is temp.

They're both temporary.

Awesome work as per usual :o Any chance of more temp roads and boxes (for buidlings) around the town square just so hill valley is a little larger in the next version?

Hi new dude :)

Wow!!! This is truly outstanding! Never have I ever seen such detailed models in a GTA game, or any game for that matter!! This mod is truly amazing!!! I am looking forward to this being released!!

To answer your question, for update pictures please see below (these aren't here as a result of your post, I did mention in the shoutbox last week that I would get around to posting some update images). With regards to a video, I plan on recording a new video once the 1955 town square is complete.

Regarding the models that bttf92 made, unfortunately we were never able to get them working in game, they were just too high poly - he also emigrated some years ago and since then we have lost contact, so I'm afraid for the moment we are stuck with the tommy "Marty" skin, unless someone has a better alternative which we could look at using.

Credit as always to LGisby for his excellent model work, and to Dragon King for rigging them for use in GTA and placement in game.

http://bttfhillvalley.co.uk/mapupdates/gta...9-23-43-06-.jpg

http://bttfhillvalley.co.uk/mapupdates/gta...9-23-44-35-.jpg

http://bttfhillvalley.co.uk/mapupdates/gta...9-23-45-03-.jpg

http://bttfhillvalley.co.uk/mapupdates/gta...9-23-45-53-.jpg

http://bttfhillvalley.co.uk/mapupdates/gta...9-23-46-30-.jpg

http://bttfhillvalley.co.uk/mapupdates/gta...9-23-48-04-.jpg

Excellent Mike!!! :)

Thanks for upload the progress!

The models are very good and the textures are amazing!

This is really a good Mod. :D

I Can't wait for play 0.2f!!! :lol:

I'm new too, I have been registered since 2010 but didn't post until recently...Honestly I was kind of nervous to introduce myself :)

Wait a minute... Are you telling me, that this is the map for 0.2f?!? :P

Great work to all who are involved in the creation of this map. I can't wait to see it in game!

Edited by RobertBlox

Lol! :lol:

Yes, the buildings all have collision - it's the reason you can't escape from a building if you happen to do something like this

Dude this is so awesome.

This was an accident.

Edited by Mr.Kocher

Sign in to follow this