:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Michel Jay Fox

Flying delorean Remote Controler (RC)

Eh? :huh: I've never heard of such a patch existing! Why would you want it anyway? It wasn't in the film so if you want it you'll have to code it yourself I'm afraid, unless someone already has done it, if so, post a link :D

If you want that feature, you'll have to do it yourself. Minus the DMC-13, the mod will be limited to only things seen in the movies.

They left it in assuming that doc never took those things out.

Guest Khaled

Hi,

I have got this BTTF Mod installed, and i went with the train to 1985 and landed it on a roof.

I jumped from the roof (and survived), but left the train on the roof.

No I haven't got a time machine to get back to the future.

I wanted to remote control the train but I didn't know how to.

Which buttons do I need to press exactly? (I don't understand what action and sprint are on the keyboard).

Guest Khaled

How? I'm in 1985, there are no flying cars!

And I can't remember which roof I left it on!

Could I see the train on the map? And how would I get to the roof then?

Guest Khaled

No!

And even when I was on the top of the roof there was kind of a square bit on which I landed the train on and at that time when I was on the roof I couldn't get to the train so I jumped.

I'm gonna start from the beginning.

Thank you all for your help.

Edited by Khaled

What archer is trying to say :D is that, the time train spawns on the mansion roof no matter what year it is no matter if you already have one about the game somewhere... Unless that feature was only in 0.2d, then your buggerd :lol:

Edited by Orgcon

But he's right... It is sometimes really bad that you need to look for the train all over VC (and HV :D ). As I already said in the coding requests topic, I'd like to press Sprint and Crouch when being on mansion roof to either see the timetrain teleporting in front of me (like Biff does in The Ride) or to get the TT's position marked with a blip on the radar...

Then don't leave the train in a stupid place.

Easier said than done :D

I often place the TT somewhere save the game and load this savegame later on not knowing where the TT is...

I think it's easier to code this than looking for it for ages :D

th_TimeTrainTracker.jpg

Can't you just put it right in front of the building you're saving at. How about using the save anywhere feature.

my problem is that whenever I leave a car in HV it disappears, but you guys most likely already know about that (hopefully). But what causes this problem, is it because HV isn't on the map (radar) or something else?

Do you mean regular cars? Of course they'll vanish, that's VC for you :P

As for Time Machines, well I can only think that they've fallen through the floor into the ocean before the map's loaded, hmm... my MK III's vanish too... whenever I load, or leave one somewhere, go away and then come back, my MK III's gone :(

my MK III's gone :(

What is a MK III?

Another thing:

Whole Vice City also has Lod Models that are loaded while you are far away... Maybe this is why the car's don't disappear in VC but in HV since there are no Lod models...

Lod models have no collision, they are only there to save on memory when you are far away from the main object so it doesn't have to stay loaded, so its not the LOD. :huh:

I think it may have something to do with the file called islandF in the maps folder I think it only has collision where the main islands are, cause if you try and spawn something over areas of water they apear at the nearest road surface to you on one the main islands :o

Edited by Orgcon

I tried to spawn a Packer on the HV-Military base bridge and it spawned right next to the base, about a quarter of a mile away from me.

Thats exactly what I mean, someone needs to look at the .col for islandsf in maps :D