Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
RobertBlox

GTA IV DeLorean

Version 2 of this mod here: http://www.bttfhillvalley.co.uk/forum/inde...t=20#entry75939

Hello everyone,

As my hard drive unfortunately crashed last month, I decided to start working on a new and more accurate BTTF DeLorean for GTA IV. Of course, what's a DeLorean Time Machine without Marty Mcfly (or Doc Brown for that matter)?

Here is the video:

Edited by RobertBlox

Hello RobertBlox! :)

Really excellent! :D

Very nice details inside the DeLorean and textures.

I think there is not much change in the DeLorean because it is very well made. :)

You only need edit a bit is the texture of Marty Mc.Fly I think can be improved, which does not mean it's bad

I really Liked your Mod. :)

Thank you gtavicecity!

For the Marty skin, what would you suggest editing? The face, vest, etc?

- RobertBlox

What I mean is that you should edit the texture with some effect that highlight the differences of colors.

For example in the vest: the darker and orange parts.

Maybe not very important since it is a detail

Edited by gtavicecity

What I mean is that you should edit the texture with some effect that highlight the differences of colors.

For example in the vest: the darker and orange parts.

Maybe not very important since it is a detail

Actually, I did do that. The only problem is that because of Youtube's video editor and the dark backdrop I filmed it in, it is harder to see that.

OK! Man :)

Anyway as I said before, I like the mod.

Thanks, means a lot. ;)

Would any DeLorean owners like to post their feedback. :P

I just want to know hear from you guys because you probably know the proportions of the car better than most. :lol:

Or you could check other DMC restoration sites with hundreds of references, link to them and make anyone (even if they don't own a DeLorean) check for themselves :)

Also, merged double post.

Or you could check other DMC restoration sites with hundreds of references, link to them and make anyone (even if they don't own a DeLorean) check for themselves :)

Also, merged double post.

Okay, thanks Carlos! :lol:

So... anyone want to post any feedback? :P

Edited by RobertBlox

It's nice, but I'm not a fan of the fact you attached our logo on it. Since we have nothing to do with it and people may think we do.

It's nice, but I'm not a fan of the fact you attached our logo on it. Since we have nothing to do with it and people may think we do.

The reason why I attached the BTTF HV logo to it was because it used parts from the BTTF HV car.

I will remove the video if you would like. :)

EDIT: Logo removed from video.

Edited by RobertBlox

You can put in the video where the delorean and parts came from by giving proper credit. But just be sure to add that the BTTF Mod Team is not affiliated with this work of yours and all is ok :)

Okay, thank you very much Dragon King. :)

The video is unlisted though, so the only place people can see it is here, where I have the credits section.

[if you notice, your name is there for using your converted GTA IV DeLorean :lol: ]

I like it a lot :thumbs: too bad I can barely run Vice City much less IV lol.

Thanks Mecha!

I'm trying to rig a higher poly wheel onto it (particularly Microman's), but I'm having too much trouble. >_<

I'll update this if I can get a nicer wheel on the car or some nicer textures. :P

- RobertBlox

P.S. GTA IV barely runs on my computer, lol. Most settings are low on the game and there is still a slight FPS lag. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Trying to fit a nicer wheel onto the car. So far, I've tried one thanks to a very generous offer from Microman, but it didn't work out to well for reasons unknown.

I am still searching for a nicer wheel and may result in using the BTTF: HV Vice City converted car's wheels.

EDIT(2): GTA VC BTTF car's IV version wheels installed. The only problem is my graphics card and texture loading, which causes the edges of the rim to "fizz" with the tire's texture (almost as if one wants to keep overlapping the other).

EDIT(3): New wheels installed, car works perfectly. I need to fix the tire popping though.

Edited by RobertBlox

is it availbe for download yet?

Unfortunately, not yet. :(

I'm still trying to fully rig the wheels that Dragon King used on the VC converted DeLorean, such that they will pop correctly.

I will try to make it downloadable soon, but I need to get permission from the original converters first.

Anyway, permission for BTTF parts granted.

The only issue I have is with the Forza DeLorean itself, because it's from a copyrighted game.

Anyway, permission for BTTF parts granted.

The only issue I have is with the Forza DeLorean itself, because it's from a copyrighted game.

Thanks Carlos! :D

Acutally, as a question, would it be legal if I received permission from the person who converted the Forza car to IV [since we both did practically the same thing], or would it be okay if I just publish it since someone else converted the car, too?

Not unless they got permission of turn10 interactive/microsoft first. It would be the same using carlos models but getting them off a 3rd party who recoloured them (or whatever). Carlos created them so has ownership.

Not unless they got permission of turn10 interactive/microsoft first. It would be the same using carlos models but getting them off a 3rd party who recoloured them (or whatever). Carlos created them so has ownership.

Okay, thanks Dave. :)

Although, I'm not sure what I'll do about this then... :o

do what i do, just upload them to mediafire or some other hosting site, avoid copyrights that way, atleast thats what i do as ive got so many peoples mods in my mods ive edited and so forth, but its up to you, i myself could care less about copyrights or permission, but then again who really does in this hobby? anyways you can always give it out via email or something to those who want it for personal use, then if they decide to upload it without permission or whatever then they get the blame, not you, but thats up to you too, anyways best of luck, thanks and peace

Really?, how does that avoid copyright? <_<

I have nothing against personal distribution, but I do have issues when somebody poses stuff as their own.

I have nothing against personal distribution, but I do have issues when somebody poses stuff as their own.

Much agreed, Carlos.

Someone stole a DeLorean model I made and coded in Lua... It took 4 years to develop, since I had to learn Lua from scratch.

I was not given credit for the car, and still am not for the most part these days... Some customs of it look quite strange...

On that note, will the 0.2f car have the ZModeler lock on it? This way, no one can steal them. :3

Sign in to follow this