:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Agent Smith

0.2f Features? (what would you like in the mod as well?)

I have been wondering about this for a while.

When you see the DeLorean's first time-travel and returning to 1985 you see a green/orange sort of guage every time the car reaches 80 miles.

Also when DeLorean88us made a trailer on YouTube, it had that feature or that might of been an effect he added when edditing the video.

So how about this in the next version when all the important bits are done, and hopfully if there's more room to put that on.

Here are my other ideas:

1) When ever the player has the BTTF1 DeLorean and start's R.C mode, Doc's dog spawns in the drivers seat (not an A.I actor though)

2) Just like the SA mod could it be posible to close Mr. Fusion unit without closing every door on the car and making it look beter animated as well?

3) Not sure if this has been reqested, but when you collect the Almanac from 2015 and hed to 1955, an alternate '85 will appear. (or this can be part of a mission)

4) Missions. Obviously i'm sure this was reqested, hopfully this can be in the mod OR or mod addon/update to the mod if possible.

5) Slightley descress the DeLorean's speed, so when reaching 88 mph the time-travel sequence begins makiing it a little tougher to time-travle. Just like the film.

I'm, out of ideas, lol.

Ideas people, i'd like to hear 'em.

Well for a start your ideas should be posted under the "ideas and features" thread. Any missions based directly on the films that can be done WILL be done but a few need different maps that won't be ready anytime soon especially for v0.2f. The speed of the delorean has come up a few times and I think its as tweeked for now as its ever going to be, there is source code for a more realistic del handling for SA in the download section.

Hi some good ideas but your not thinging 4th dimensionally!!

For Example: 1) is possible if you code it to spawn an actor

2) requires a new animation which isnt too hard

3) The player would have to trigger the 1985A or the Nth dimension via the car which could be

hard to code!

4) Im aware of the getting to school mission, the race with needles so far but i bet there are

plans in the works!

and 5) if you edit download the car editor from gtagarage or thegtaplace change settings for

banshee, sabre, infernus, baggage and deluxo change the max speed or acceleration!

Hope this helps... Not being nasty just pointing out a few things....

When you see the DeLorean's first time-travel and returning to 1985 you see a green/orange sort of guage every time the car reaches 80 miles.

Also when DeLorean88us made a trailer on YouTube, it had that feature or that might of been an effect he added when edditing the video.

So how about this in the next version when all the important bits are done, and hopfully if there's more room to put that on.

Here are my other ideas:

1) When ever the player has the BTTF1 DeLorean and start's R.C mode, Doc's dog spawns in the drivers seat (not an A.I actor though)

2) Just like the SA mod could it be posible to close Mr. Fusion unit without closing every door on the car and making it look beter animated as well?

3) Not sure if this has been reqested, but when you collect the Almanac from 2015 and hed to 1955, an alternate '85 will appear. (or this can be part of a mission)

4) Missions. Obviously i'm sure this was reqested, hopfully this can be in the mod OR or mod addon/update to the mod if possible.

5) Slightley descress the DeLorean's speed, so when reaching 88 mph the time-travel sequence begins makiing it a little tougher to time-travle. Just like the film.

I'm, out of ideas, lol.

I love how everything but number 3 and 1 is an lc feature :D

Edited by ~Leaf~

Not to mention that in LC the TM's max speed is 88 mph, even in hover mode in the BTTF2 flying upwards. Oops, maybe I've said too much, oh well.

Here are my other ideas:

I'm, out of ideas, lol.

1 The dog is already in the car. It's one of the randomly spawned Del 1 extras.

2 Mr fusion triggers a model change. Resetting the car. Not possible.

5 Films are inconsistent in time travel speeds. Engine speeds will not be altered anymore. Any slower, and the land Del's would be restricted to long stretches of road.

You have to remember how old this game is. It has A LOT of limitations.

You have to remember how old this game is. It has A LOT of limitations.

let me rephrase that

"You have to remember how bad we code this game. We have A LOT of limitations."

I have tried the BTTF mods for both GTAIII and GTA Vice City, I have to say it's amazing the work that has gone into both, the GTAIII one is amazing because there were never any flying vehicles in it at all, except for the dodo, which doesn't count as its not really a flying vehicle but more a car with odd handling lol....

I would say that both the LC and VC teams are doing a cracking job!

~John~

@t**t (Leaf)

Just an FYI, it's not the Team that has the limit it's the game. You have to realize that the game is already almost ten years old. They are literally doing the BEST job they can with the source they have to work with.

hscitpe, you have to learn that scm is a bad way of coding and everything that he is asking for is entirely possible via C++, now do some research before talking about things you don't understand.

I don't understand? I've kind of been GTA coding for a while. I hereby accept your apology.

scm has allot of workarounds instead of reloading a model you can actually toggle frames on a vehicle in c++

Leaf, can you stop talking **** about others work? Everybody on the BTTF Team tries with there skill to make this mod awesome. There might be a really good reason that don't want use c++ that much.

who's talking bad about anyone? I am simply explaining the real reason to why something is "impossible" because it annoys me when people say that , it simply means they are giving up on another feature, now as for them using some c++ as you claim, they don't use any , but rather a simple memory hacking tool.

and the reason they don't use c++ is because they don't know how, the hv team has told me several times.

So, just let them be them, and let they use what they want to use. If they need somebody how can code in c++, I'am sure that they will ask somebody to help them with it.

I am letting them make a mod full of "imposibilities" Who am I to stop them? All I am going to do is point out better more efficient ways.

Not to mention that in LC the TM's max speed is 88 mph

actually not correct....it was my idea to limit the digital speedometer to 88...but if u look at the analog speedo it keeps going well above 88...this is because in the films i have come to the conclusion that doc must have limited the digital speedo to 88 since if you look at every single TT in the movie the speedo NEVER goes above 88

now it would be really hard to accelerate away from the lybians and then stop directly on 88 to time travel...never going above or below...

my point is....the cars speed isnt limited....the digital readout is....

I never noticed that... Thanks for pointing it out to me BTTF Forever.

I am letting them make a mod full of "imposibilities" Who am I to stop them? All I am going to do is point out better more efficient ways.

Me point is, let everybody be how he is, and let him use his skills. And if they need you help I'am sure they will ask you.

ooooh they have, but you aren't listening I have said several times I am letting them do their thing.

Yeah sure, C++ is a good alternative, but does anyone in the team know exactly how to do it and have the interest and time for it? It's been said a long time ago that the team had no one to take the role of making a C++ workaround for the SCM coding. Blue/Del has tried it before (by making a more user-friendly time circuits that you can interact with via the numpad), but he found it pretty unstable. He may be able to make a stabler one and even move the whole code to C++ plug-ins, but he may not have the time or knowledge for it, or could not see any good reasons for it at that time.

Blaming the team's lack of a person with the knowledge of the C++ plug-in and the willingness to waste their free time on it to take such a role is a lot different from blaming their very ability to code. If you can do it, you can help them. They would definitely need your help, and it'll be a lot better than bringing up unnecessary and unhelpful criticism towards the modding team's lack of ability to do it themselves.

Apart from C++ plug-ins, I see another good alternative to SCM coding, for both Vice City and San Andreas -- CLEO.

Plus, it still comes back to the game itself. I don't care how good you are. This engine is s**t. And crashes when it wants to.

It's not just because the engine is old, which can be overcome-d. It's also because the possible options for modding Vice City weren't completely explored during its time. People had once thought that San Andreas was more unstable than VC when it comes to modding, but after modders like Seemann put a lot more dedication to SA modding, explored the possibilities and came up with more modding options and tools, such as CLEO, it later became the most mod-able game compared to GTA III and Vice City. You could mod SA without having to worry too much about stability or how to install the mod properly.

San Andreas's popularity was likely the main thing that kept the modding community's interest in it long enough to gain a larger variety of modding opportunities. Had Vice City been given the same interest and dedication by modders, we would find the game easier to mod now.

Remember that when Del tried out porting the code to SA, CLEO wasn't around yet at the time and he found the whole port to be an utter headache. CLEO, among others, made things a lot easier for San Andreas modding. We can see that by comparing the earliest SCM-based version of the SA mod and the latest CLEO-based source code of the mod. This, and Del/Blue's main focus has always been towards Vice City. But Del has promised to update the then "mini-mod" into a full-pledged version of the mod for SA, after seeing the opportunities offered by CLEO, so I think the real question here is why hasn't Del continued working on it yet? :P

And by "easier", I meant not having to deal with too much problems like limitations and stability.

But speaking of, I hope Del gets the time to check out VC's own CLEO plug-in. Porting some if not most or all of the code into CLEO might solve a few problems in regards to the limitations and stability. :D

Sign in to follow this